Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Guru did voice acting in GTAIII.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Gta3 was ground reaking first lived in 3d world game done right.

They took all the lessons from nintendo who first mastered 3d workd movement and gameplay with Ocarina of time and mario 64 and brought that to the craziness of the first 3 gta worlds and it eas and is amazing.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
GTA 3 might be the most blown away from a video game I ever been. Before GTA3 I was used to pretty linear and straight forward games, most of us never played a game before with that much freedom and openness. The first time I played I probably spent 3 hours just car jacking people and running them over. Yeah the gameplay hasn't aged well but it still doesn't take away from it's influence and importance

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Yeah yeah...I know. "It's the game that changed the world! Brilliant, mind-blowing, visionary"...yeah that and kinda crappy when you come right down to it.

GTA III proves that if you can't do one thing right, just do a whole bunch of stuff poorly.

Combining mediocre racing, mediocre action, and a load of banal gangster movie cliches someone scraped off the bottom of Martin Scorcese's Italian loafers, GTA III offers a heaping helping of lukewarm game play to meathead jocks the world over. It's like the Old Country Buffet of videogames...you'll definitely get your fill, but the bad aftertaste left by shoddy mechanics leave you with little more than regrets and a gut ache when you're done. Let's not even get into the tedious objectives...it's not for nothing that this game resulted in the coining of the term "pizza delivery mission" Sadly, the 80 hours you spend in Liberty City arn't much more exciting than actually working the night shift at Dominos, only without the tips.

In its defense, it does have a lot of swearing, which seems to be enough gor the millions of unemployed 19 year olds in pit stained Eminem shirts that make of the game's target audience.

-Somebody on IGN
GTA III is probably the most overrated game ever...
shyt made me laugh lmao
nah started the sandbox trend

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ground backing doesn’t always mean timeless. GTA3 was so iconic that it paved the way for an entire genre of games / technology to polish those mechanics to mirror shine.

Just for comparison, the difference in technology and refinement from 2001 to 2016 is comparing the first generation IPod to the IPhone 7.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
GTA 3 aged pretty poorly but it was quite revolutionary back in it’s days.

It was and still is the pinnacles of gaming and without it we would not have Vice City, San Andreas, V and GTA Online.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I hate when people play games after their moment in time and wanna rewrite history with hot takes because the game aged and doesnt play good today lol

Probably close to 100% of the shooters released today are better than classics like Quake and Half Life but that doesnt mean they werent classic games for their time.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
game fun as fukk for what it is

i do think the story got a less interesting once you got off the first island tho.

:manny:

i had more fun with it than i did GTA IV

maybe we'll get another NY GTA game by 2050 :jbhmm: