Grown men who use slang started by 2000 babies are corny af

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Embrehyo said:
Phat is problematic.

I understand it's used primarily for new cats talking about yams...

But being in my 30s....it's impossible for me to say that shyt in 95 let alone resurrect it in 2020.

Breh, the first time I saw someone type that some woman had a 'phat' ass, I told him he was using it wrong and he didn't comprehend.​

That shyt was from the 60's, but we brought it back in the 80's. He posted in the early 2000's. It didn't help that most of my generation was using it wrong and that's probably why he did.​

Daps
Reppin
NULL
E-40 said "cappin" back in 94-95'. Simp was a common word in the Bay in the late 80's/early 90's. "Hard to the core never been a simp" - Hugh EMC "H nikka Groove" circa 1989. "Can't simp for just any hoe" - RBL Posse "Part of Survival" circa 1992 R.I.P. Mister Cee from RBL. My 19 year old nephew who was born and raised in East Coast suburbia asked me if I knew what simp meant. :mjlol: Once again, the Bay is the undisputed slang capital. :pacspit: Slang from the Bay is like another language. :wtf: Y'all will definitely keep copping game for years to come without paying homage let alone knowing where the game came from. :shaq2:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my issue with slang is when CACs use it and wear that shyt out. Young CACs say "no cap" after fukkin word or sentence. its like they cant help themselves when culture vulturing
Reminds me when fukk boy hit the mainstream. Means nothing like what it used to mean and I blame that on buzzfeed type bloggers.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
similarly women get "stalled out" quick

when I see any of these 30+ bytches like "Did you see that new ... so and so."

like nah I dont follow 16 - 18 year old kids music and shyt dog ... some of em, they have kids so I understand how they are exposed to it
but its mad weird when a bytch brings up a conversation about like Jhene Aiko or however you spell her shyt ... like bytch you aint sweet 16 ... you can enjoy something but you cant live your life through the eyes of a tiny child :russ:
Imagine looking for life lessons from a musician that markets shyt to 18 year olds and under. Had some 40 year old woman try to school me on Harry Styles after the grammies last night... like bytch I dont give a fukk about no childrens band shyt. That music is for background at a party not to look deep into and shyt. Reminds me when I was in my 20s and Beyonce was coming out with those scorned woman songs Ne-yo wrote... meanwhile she was dating/married to a dude thats almost a billionaire. People gotta stop living their lives through made up pop stories, or fake street shyt.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
There are 18 year olds that think “simp” is a new term and old folks shouldn’t use it.

:snoop:

A lot of the street lingo still used today comes from Ice Berg Slim’s books from the 1960s. Ain’t nothing new.
Yep. First time I heard simp was from Too Short in the early 90s and he got it from Slim and the pimps and hustlers of the 60s and 70s.