Grown-ish Official Thread

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Is it a good show or something? Isn't that the sitcom with either Melissa Joan Hart or Smart Guy? Since when does The Film Room watch ABC Family original sitcoms?

I like all TV Shows. :yeshrug: I watch dumb corny shyt, cheap laughs.

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Freeform has officially ordered the “Black-ish” spinoff starring Yara Shahidi to series, TheWrap has learned.

“College-ish,” which was originally set up as an ABC pilot, will follow Shahidi’s character from the ABC sitcom as she heads off to college. The single-camera comedy is set to premiere in 2018.

Deon Cole will also reprise his role from the original series, with the rest of the cast rounded out by new characters. Barris will executive produce alongside Anthony Anderson, Laurence Fishburne, Helen Sugland and Brian Dobbins. The pilot was written by Barris and Larry Wilmore.

“I never thought they’d let me put Black-ish on the air let alone give me a spinoff. I couldn’t be more excited for the opportunity to continue working with Yara and the rest of this talented young cast,” said “Black-ish” creator Kenya Barris in a statement. “To any aspiring writers struggling to make it out there, I highly advise adding an ‘-ish’ to any working title you might have. It seems to be the move.”

“Our goal at Freeform is to celebrate the power, possibility and inclusivity of youth culture through our shows,” added Karey Burke, Freeform EVP of development and programming. “Kenya Barris blazes new trails in the funniest way possible with College-ish and we can’t wait to get schooled by the incredibly talented Yara Shahidi, who is the perfect addition to our Freeform family.”

The wrap.com

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The backdoor pilot on Black-ish was trash. Charlie parts were the only good parts. Show on Freeform? Yeah whole series definitely going to be trash.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
No hate, but the young lady doesn't have the personality to carry a show by herself. This isn't A Different World where when Lisa Bonet left because all of the other actors were better than her anyway. Yara is a very political savvy young lady in real life, if they want to push that on the show, then it might have a chance. But her voice is actually too sophisticated for a teenager.