Grown-ass men who watch anime, can you describe the appeal?

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Are ya'll watching it because you watched it as a kid and just kept on as a young adult? Or are some of you like 25 and got into some kids show shyt? I watched a few episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender and didn't get it at all. It was funny, and not bad, but I wouldn't have watched that as a boy. Watched the final fight between the bald kid and the main bad guy and it was good, but that was after 3 seasons I think. What is it about cartoons that ya'll like so much, you just think shyt like DBZ is cool or is there some 'deeper meaning?' Discuss.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
same reason you watch whatever you like watching.....

but animated so you don't have to worry about things like a budget getting in the way of showing a huge and bloody battle or impossible in real life special effects

plus whatever you're into or like watching, anime got an answer for it.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I don't watch as much as I used to, but I still like to check out some shows every now and then. Really I don't watch much TV. Just play guitar and fighting games.

But when it comes to anime, its like anything else. Some of it will be for you. Some of it won't.

My favorites are DBZ, Shaman King, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Jojo, Soul Eater, Hunter X Hunter, One Piece (of course), Samurai Champloo, Black Lagoon, and Akira.

These appeal to me because of the relateable characters, the cool artstyles, and the fights. The music is always dope too.

It's so much dope shyt out there, you should give something a shot

Like breh, how can anyone not like this

OP be having a breh like :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Dope storylines and animation. And I didn’t even watch it as a kid

Animation is such an underrated field. Especially if the story is done well. or topical. I think we will see a lot more animated shows in the future. As for OP. A lot of our classic movies were animated movies. Western or Japanese.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Lol I know you did it on purpose but Avatar isn't Anime.

What most of the new anime fans miss is that the particularity of anime is that they almost all adaptations of manga.

So the source material, the original art is manga, and just as other illustrated books, there is a huge variety of content and themes Mangas touch on.

Anime is just the on screen adaptation.

So there's really nothing to understand. It's art b. If you get why people fukk with cinema, books or series, no way you can't wrap your head around anime.