π™‚π™§π™žπ™¨π™šπ™‘π™™π™– | Sofia Vergara - The life of Griselda Blanco

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Should have just had sofia be bad. Most top level kingpins are ugly (pause) but have good looking actors portraying them in the movies, so it's not a big issue if the same is done for the women.

Griselda wasn't too bad when she was young, probably a 6/10. But I'd hate to have been that bay area breh who poked the 50 year old version to get the plug.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
and none of them are any good, or have any connection to the actual source material
:gucci:The source material? This isnt a comic book movie.
The 2 seasons they focused on Escobar were great. And, i dont think they took to many liberties with the story, because everyone knows what happened.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
:gucci:The source material? This isnt a comic book movie.
The 2 seasons they focused on Escobar were great. And, i dont think they took to many liberties with the story, because everyone knows what happened.

Let me explain better, they don't, to me, have an authentic connection, emotionally, or contextually to the events they are portraying. Yeah, it looks ok, mid to high level production budget, went to Colombia or another less violent SA nation to film, they did some research, but Narcos to me, always felt very flat and American, in terms of values espoused, and perspectives. They frame the whole show through the eyes of the American DEA.

Maybe that's an unfair complaint, but those guys, those bosses down there, the ones who are long dead, or doing life, and the ones that woke up today in some Rancho in the sierras eating tortillas and eggs have a much much different perspective on the world, and their country, and the US.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I never could tell. I've never seen her play a role that isn't based around her being loud and annoying. She's like the Latina Fran Drescher.

8d89f6f847816d11e484dbe3fca81303.gif

Fran Drescher is a better actress than her :scusthov: