Greatest Gangster Flick

• Total voters

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I fukks with Sugar Hill heavy but that Road to Perdition joint one of my favorites though
Maaaaaan I love all the gangster fliks from Paid in Full to Once Upon a Time in America to American Me
fukk it

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Godfather, Godfather 2, and Goodfellas are 3 of the absolute greatest films ever. The writing, the camera angles, the characters, the quotables, the emulation, and influence on the film genre are without peer.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
It's not a Gangster movie per say. But, SLEEPERS is a killer movie. It shows how kids in the neighborhood are brought up and raised by the gangsters in the neighborhood and a Priest (De Niro plays the priest) and how the streets and juvenile hall molded these kids. It's really fukked up, these sick prison guards molest the kids. And the kids grow up fukked up and get payback.

Everyone should check Sleepers out. Brad Pitt's in it too and does his thing. Kevin Bacon is a sadistic prison guard.

Watched this the other night on Amazon dope movie

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd love for American Gangster to be in this pantheon because while I like the movie a lot, there's something about it that holds it back. I love what it has to say about society and how that society gives men like frank Lucas a justification for what they're doing, very similar to what the godfather does for the corleone family. It's a movie more concerned with society which I love but there's just something missing from it and I don't know what it is.
I remember my friend used to say jay z brought it down 1 star by dikkriding it :mjlol: