Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Drive as fast as you can in a bunch of classic and modern cars around some real and fake stuff online or against ai - you can make it as complicated as you want tbh, but most of the time you're just driving shyt as fast as you can - it's pretty pick up and play.

If you've got a head for car setups and the perfect gear ratio (I don't) or you want to sim race with experts online in your DIY cockpit it's got all that, but a total beginner could have weeks of fun in here with a DualSense.
Do you think people who use a controller are at a disadvantage to players who have a wheel?

Is it possible to win driving automatic or is it necessary to learn manual?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Do you think people who use a controller are at a disadvantage to players who have a wheel?

I don't know if it's the case in GT, but in some games the top times were set by controller users. You have less fine grained control but you could probably still be competitive to a point with one. You should put the time in to learn manual. It's another element of control you can use to influence your lap times, fuel strategy, and stuff.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London

Honestly it's up to how much you care about being in the top 1%.

You can achieve Gold on most of the circuit experiences with a DualSense and automatic gears but eventually, like with a real car, you'll find that the last couple of % needs you to drive better than the computer assists will let you.

Steering wheel/pedals are more about immersion than performance - people seem to find the drifting missions etc easier with controller.

As you get better you'll probably get a feel for how hardcore you want to get. If you want to shave a couple of 0.1s off the best Coli Nordschleife times then you'll want to ditch traction control and automatic gears, but if that's not fun to you you don't need to.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Just earned 2m for All Gold (plus the all Bronze 600k I think) at Fisherman's Ranch. Surprisingly achievable - game seems pretty forgiving on the off-road stuff. Could probably get another second off but I doubt I'll be coming back somehow...

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Picked up the '67 Mark IV Ford (it's in Legends dealership at the moment) - I'm just a '66 Jaguar XJ13 away from that Platinum trophy.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Copped yesterday I like it.
Last time I played grand turismo was the one that came on ps2 bundle.
My dumbass thought I was getting speed boosts at turns but it was only other cars slowing down and I was still going on at full speeds at turns :damn: I was only a kid so I didn’t know shyt :dead:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Only got one more Circuit Experience to do in Europe and then I'm done in Europe and Asia. Just got to fill in a few blanks in America and I'm gonna have to look for another way to make credits:to:

K.Dot the king of these shyts - I've been sticking on my first run that makes Gold and am only getting past you occasionally when you've got a time up - serious driving breh :salute::whoo:

Looks like I got you on dirt though :youngsabo:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I’m enjoying this so far :wow: way better than when I was a kid on the ps2 and I only had Grand Turismo 3 and a couple of other games

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
'66 Jaguar XJ13 is in Legends Dealership - just completed my Three Legendary Cars Trophy and got my Platinum :takedat: