Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ray tracing confirmed

Via Polygon
For example, in Gran Turismo 7, nighttime skies will show the stars in scientifically accurately configurations for the location and time of any given race. Rain will collect and dry variably, depending on the parts of a track where it usually puddles or runs off. Ray-tracing will be supported in one of two graphical performance modes, providing more lifelike shadows, shines, and reflections than ever before.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Each track will have several several activities available, including:

• [*]Circuit Experience: As debuted in GT Sport, this mode helps you quickly learn the sections of each track in a series of mini-challenges.
    [*]Time Trial: Take a car and set hot laps around the circuit.
    [*]Drift Trial: Score points for drifting around the circuit.
    [*]Custom Races: Specify your own parameters for a race on the circuit. We still don't have the exact details of this feature, though we can presume it will at least provide the same functionality as seen in GT Sport.
    [*]Meeting Place: Although we are still light on details for this new feature, Yamauchi-san described it as a virtual social space dedicated to the circuit. "It's like being at the circuit café at the Nurburgring. You can imagine it as an open lobby where everyone from around the world will join and you will be able to chat with them at any particular time, and you can drive together as well."

Gran Turismo 7's wet weather racing could be some of the best in a game yet

It means localised showers will be a thing, so at a track like the 12.9 mile Nordschleife it could be soaking on one side of the circuit and bone dry on the other.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
id they talk at about about dualsense stuff? I haven't played a racing game with it yet and refuse to download Dirt 5. But I want to see what someone does with it.

"further detail on the game's haptics on PlayStation 5's DualSense controller, which will be able to communicate differences in surface texture, engine and drivetrain vibrations, the resonance of the car body as well as the active trigger's ability to relay tire resistance, ABS jitter and the differing weight of the brake pedal between various cars."

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I minus whale go ahead and preorder it…it’s low key one of the reasons why I built this rig/setup anyway…doubt the game is gonna be an absolute dud lol

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I still believe DriveClub had the best rain in any racing game , even though they were not realistic.
giphy.gif

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I swear this game is the only reason I purchase playstation consoles and I have a love/hate relationship with it.

There's just something about it.. been playing this game since I was 9.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Makes sense. I don't think I've played a GT seriously since the PS2 days, so it was a bit of a surprise for me. Seems like it's one of those acquired taste type things that you get used to over time.

And judging from the fact that they spent something like three minutes talking about weather, it's easy to see that the time you'd normally see spent on menu polish is clearly spent on stuff with more of a direct effect on gameplay.
Funny enough I think it's intentional, man :francis:. So while you're right about them spending an inordinate amount of time on stuff like weather particles and reflections they probably spend a good amount of time on the menu too lol. I haven't watched this yet but I'm guessing you're referring to the mouse cursor and all the nested menus? The lounge music and such lol.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Fanatec is more or less the standard for gear at and above entry level. They were smart enough to get an ecosystem going and most of their stuff plays nicely together. Thrustmaster keeps them honest on the entry level side. There are arguably better direct drive wheel bases, but they're more expensive and only work with PC. Same for pedals and shifters.

Ultimately with sim racing gear, just like flight sim gear, you have to commit and go all in. You can get away with a normal chair, but at a minimum you need wheel, pedals, and shifter.
This is the thing about simulators.. they're more so hobbies than games. I haven't played since prior to covid, yet I just ordered the GT DD Pro bundle.. I already own 2 sets of clubsport V3 pedals, 2 CSL Elite wheel bases, and 2 formula v2 rims(one with the advance podium paddles, this alone is $550). Picked up a PS5 two weeks ago just for this.

People cry about about spending money on season passes for a $60 game while i'll easily spend racks to play driving sims.... something is wrong with me.. smh.