Grade My Site...EDIT: Site Updated But Still A Work In Progress...

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Seems too much like a store. You should add a bio about yourself, touring and booking info. Some nice photos of yourself would be good too.
Delete, you already got that stuff. Prosper Breh

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Tryna build my site up...think I'm gonna add a forum...oh yeah download my new single "Red Lobster" Produced By One Hunid!!!...Video On The Way!!!...

Kavin The 1

www.kavinthe1.com
Hey homie, always good to see a brother trying to get it so I salute you bro.

Just first impression, some free game:

1. The site's background is plain white. That works for a forum, but for a site like yours which is all about you selling yourself as an artist, it's not so attractive. Perhaps a dope photo or some artwork for your music?

2. You have a player that plays songs as the main theme for your starting page, this is great because it puts your music central. I checked out most of the first song - is that you singing and rapping? My feedback on this is

-it sounds like it says kthe1.com not kavingthe1.com in the tag, that's confusing
-you sell your songs for 0.99 a piece, but you have the entire song on there. You should put up a snippet only, or else why would the listener buy it..?
-that said: you are a new artist, making waves and getting people to share your music is number 1 right now. So you may consider not selling the songs but focusing on purely promoting your music (I dig the first song by the way)

3. Don't take this the wrong way: you are doing something hard, trying to make it as an artist. Just overall ask yourself: what separates me from the rest? 50 spits that G shyt, Ross that boss shyt, Migos that versace dope trap shyt, Future does that trap melodic.. what do I do. How do I separate myself? Who am I? Of course tell your story but try to make sure you are different enough from your competition for us to be able to directly be like 'oh this is a Kavin joint'. Right now I find you a bit stereotypical an artist on the come up from the hood and you may want to be just a bit different: still appeal to your core, but be a bit different - find something musically and as far as how you dress/talk and present yourself that makes people immediately know ' oh... that's the homie, I love his music'.

Will check it out more, good luck with all your hustles breh
:salute:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Visually bland. Use color wheels to get commentary colors and work on a defined color scheme. Mobile version loaded kinda slow. I don't know if you did it yourself or used tools or whatnot but to look good in today's world of web design it needs work. You might consider looking into landing page templates and alter them to fit what you want, then use the styles to set up your other pages.

Your copyright information should be centered and in one column, two rows. Otherwise it looks funky.

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Hey homie, always good to see a brother trying to get it so I salute you bro.

Just first impression, some free game:

1. The site's background is plain white. That works for a forum, but for a site like yours which is all about you selling yourself as an artist, it's not so attractive. Perhaps a dope photo or some artwork for your music?

2. You have a player that plays songs as the main theme for your starting page, this is great because it puts your music central. I checked out most of the first song - is that you singing and rapping? My feedback on this is

-it sounds like it says kthe1.com not kavingthe1.com in the tag, that's confusing
-you sell your songs for 0.99 a piece, but you have the entire song on there. You should put up a snippet only, or else why would the listener buy it..?
-that said: you are a new artist, making waves and getting people to share your music is number 1 right now. So you may consider not selling the songs but focusing on purely promoting your music (I dig the first song by the way)

3. Don't take this the wrong way: you are doing something hard, trying to make it as an artist. Just overall ask yourself: what separates me from the rest? 50 spits that G shyt, Ross that boss shyt, Migos that versace dope trap shyt, Future does that trap melodic.. what do I do. How do I separate myself? Who am I? Of course tell your story but try to make sure you are different enough from your competition for us to be able to directly be like 'oh this is a Kavin joint'. Right now I find you a bit stereotypical an artist on the come up from the hood and you may want to be just a bit different: still appeal to your core, but be a bit different - find something musically and as far as how you dress/talk and present yourself that makes people immediately know ' oh... that's the homie, I love his music'.

Will check it out more, good luck with all your hustles breh
:salute:

Thanks for the dope feedback!!!...:salute:...I did the snippet thing before...but the songs on my site are tagged...so if a person wants the untagged
version they can buy the download but I see what you are saying...:jbhmm:...

1. better background/art work for the site...
2. snippets for new music...as supposed to full songs...
3. find my appeal that separates me from the competition...

Great feedback man!!!...Thanks again...I will incorporate some if not all of those suggestions...

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Visually bland. Use color wheels to get commentary colors and work on a defined color scheme. Mobile version loaded kinda slow. I don't know if you did it yourself or used tools or whatnot but to look good in today's world of web design it needs work. You might consider looking into landing page templates and alter them to fit what you want, then use the styles to set up your other pages.

Your copyright information should be centered and in one column, two rows. Otherwise it looks funky.

:jbhmm:...color wheels?...can you give examples?...I'm using GoDaddy website builder and used the mobile site thru them...not sure how to get it to look better...thanks!!!...