GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN: Senate agrees to 3wk CR; CHIP funded for 6yrs; Feb8 showdown over DACA

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
  1. The Hill
    4 hrs ·
    Republican Sen. John Kennedy did not mince words when asked about the looming government shutdown, saying "our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots."

GOP senator: Our country is 'being run by idiots'
    The government is set to shut down Friday night at midnight.
    THEHILL.COM

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Democrats are fukked up just like the republicans were when Obama was in office. Holding the government hostage to try and get shyt passed with a minority will only come back to bite them in the ass.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Democrats are fukked up just like the republicans were when Obama was in office. Holding the government hostage to try and get shyt passed with a minority will only come back to bite them in the ass.

Far from the truth. The public's eyes have been opened and people clearly see it's the Republicans fault. They had no plan at all, nothing to vote on and they only wanted temporary measures lol. Stop making shyt up to defend Republicans

Immigration has always had a negative effect on African-Americans throughout this country history.

Read up on your history before quoting me breh.

You do know the Alt-Right are against back breh. :mjlol:

You were born here. You should find it disrespectful to compete with people like me and other immigrants for jobs.

Think about this, why are skilled, educated white people not worried about immigrants ? You're being used as a coy. Immigrants are not your enemies, the people that are feeding you the bullshyt are basically saying you're a second class citizen

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
What about their house, car, food and other necessities you fukking moron? :dahell: As a former government employee these shutdowns are no joke. Sacrifice is great when you are asking others to make it. But you're "loathe" when people want to get paid for the work they do. Yep, some of these mundane government employees have to work with no pay and there's no guarantee they get paid for the time the government is "shut down." That's actually up to Congress.

I would like it if people had some larger perspective than themselves.....I would think a few days, or 2 weeks, which is what the last one lasted, and this one will be less, isn't much. People aren't going to lose their livelihoods or their suburban lifestyles over this. I feel for them, I really do. I hate my money slow, or my money fukked up. There is a real ugliness in people, (which gives them emotional distance from their myopia) which is justified by everyday existence and the toll it takes on people, I am sure. I understand they have car payments, and cell phone bills, and all the other mundane things we all have. This is about larger issues and thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people's lives.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps