Gotta Have Some F*cking Pride and Optimism. Brooklyn Nets 22-23 Season Thread

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Incompetent GM who should’ve never had the job in the first place is the reason for this mess.

He was the one who blew it up for a fat version of Harden who just quit on his team, then threw worse money after bad by trading him for a quitter who can’t shoot and somehow ruined his back sitting on the couch.

KD and Kyrie didn’t ask for Harden, and even if they did it would be easy to say “no, we’re going in a different direction.” Sean Marks has flexed his muscle numerous times saying how he’s the one in charge, so let him own the mess he’s made.
I still cant get over the Nets having the same problems before all the names got here. Marks hasnt addressed shyt
I wanted them to throw money at Looney. They need a big body like his to take up the paint, defend and rebound.

Its the same issue

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I still cant get over the Nets having the same problems before all the names got here. Marks hasnt addressed shyt
I wanted them to throw money at Looney. They need a big body like his to take up the paint, defend and rebound.

Its the same issue
I just don’t like how Tsai does everything through social media like a child.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Its the same issue
It’s really mind boggling how he hasn’t been able to find one decent big man in all of these years. Looney would’ve been perfect for this roster, Hartenstein was out there, Robin Lopez.

A frail center like Claxton is getting you nowhere fast. If he doesn’t make a move for a big in the next few weeks I don’t see how he keeps his job

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It’s really mind boggling how he hasn’t been able to find one decent big man in all of these years. Looney would’ve been perfect for this roster, Hartenstein was out there, Robin Lopez.

A frail center like Claxton is getting you nowhere fast. If he doesn’t make a move for a big in the next few weeks I don’t see how he keeps his job
They should’ve signed Dwight.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
people are in here blaming a GM who gave you the keys

and not the multiple huge players who fumbled the drivers seat
the team was tailor made and given directly to them

when you got KD leading and crushing off a career threatening injury and scrubs who dont want to play or leave to cry

I dont see how you cant pass the blame directly off to them

the team was built to run... we had drummond to patch the problem
like other dude said 50% of the money is tied up in people not even playing or playing sub par
all the problems could have been addressed with that money, or if people just played and did their job and didnt quit on the team

basically out there playing on a self inflicted double power play ...not because of GMs or coaching... but because the players didnt do their jobs

Last edited:
Daps
Na breh its been a problem since hes been here before the big 3. Its something with him he refuses to sign bigs.
There was a period we watched RHJ, Quincy Acy and Treveor booker, play the 5 spot.

4 spot been a problem too.
This was during a period when Lopez, and then Allen were on the team though (y'all even had Ed Davis backing up for a minute).

It seems like you're discussing their frontcourt depth, which a good amount of teams don't have, especially as the game has transitioned into more about prioritizing spacing, and teams were running those types in specialized lineups at the 5. This discussion is about a legit big (a stable in the starting lineup), which they did attempt to do by drafting Allen, but that ended the moment he was traded for Harden - it just simply wasn't financially possible to get a big worth his weight in salt after that.

Marks' hands were tied after the formation of the Big 3.

I honestly don't see the sense in reaching all the way back to 2019 and prior to make a point about what he didn't do. That's no more than a red herring.

And look, I don't disagree that having personnel to relieve your main big is a necessity, but my point is, that still wouldn't rectify the situation this team is currently in. You've got cats in here talking about they should've signed Dwight. A 36-year-old, whose only value is beneficial in small doses, and has been an issue in nearly every single lockerroom he's been in.

Do you think that depth would've stopped KD from having the public outburst he just had? Or do you think it runs much deeper than that, that a surface measure won't fix?

And this is coming from someone who said during preseason that I hoped y'all could salvage something out of this mess, as there was a number of players that needed redemption arcs, but we're well past that now. I mean, it just seems pointless to me talking about whatever band-aid approach anyone wants to throw at this situation, when we all know cotdamn well the inevitable with the iteration of this squad.

The writing has been on the wall.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't wait to see Kyrie back out there:mjcry:

sad to say but I don’t even care at this point…on the basketball side we were still getting our asses kicked when he and KD were on the court this season…and on the other side you can’t help but think what will be the next bit of drama with him…KD is dependable but I’ve given up any false hope I’ve had about kyrie and simmons :francis:

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
sad to say but I don’t even care at this point…on the basketball side we were still getting our asses kicked when he and KD were on the court this season…and on the other side you can’t help but think what will be the next bit of drama with him…KD is dependable but I’ve given up any false hope I’ve had about kyrie and simmons :francis:

It's still very early in the season breh:wow: try to stay positive. We'll be fine.