Gotta Have Some F*cking Pride and Optimism. Brooklyn Nets 22-23 Season Thread

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Marks was the GM from 2016:

- they initially had Lopez
- they then drafted Allen in 2017
- KD was then signed in 2019 (who didn't play the entire season because of injury)
- Allen was then traded to get Harden in 2020 (which was KD's plan)
- from that point onwards it wasn't realistic to get a legit big man.

I'm trying to work out exactly what else was supposed to be done throughout that period?

Again, as I need to keep reiterating, the forming of the Big 3 ended whatever hope there was to have a balanced squad (which includes having a legit big). But again, even if their frontcourt was not a weakness, it still wouldn't rectify the current situation they're now in. It's well beyond that now, and focusing on not having a big man is only a red herring to distract yourselves from the stank that lies beneath surface.
You keep reiterating false shyt because you’re a KD hater and Steph obsessed weirdo that spends every moment on the Coli shytting on KD at every chance you get. Kevin Durant never told the Nets to make any personnel moves aside from believing DeAndre should start, which was wrong/ They consulted him after they had made a choice but he never said to do this or that. And this forming of the big 3 shyt you keep stupidly harping on is irrelevant because the Nets had a balanced roster WITH the big 3 minus a legit big man. But you’re obsessed with trying to denigrate KD at any chance you can get like a sickness. You don’t know shyt about the Nets so go join a Nets space on Twitter, learn something and kindly shut the fukk up on this subject. You can go use another of the 100 hate KD threads on here but this isn’t the place for your ignorance.

Like look at the dumb shyt that you say about roster construction- the Nets could’ve had Kyle Kuzma after trading Spencer and said no because of the luxury tax. They then traded away a first round pick for Royce O’Neal. Do you think Kyle Kuzma and a first round pick might be able to get you a big? It’s incredibly frustrating that I have to keep seeing a clueless Nîgga like you framing the debate.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin did you really neg you weirdo? When I’m on your side criticizing Kyrie it’s all good but when I call you it’s a problem? You’re such an unlikeable and transparent p*ssy.

Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin did you really neg you weirdo? When I’m on your side criticizing Kyrie it’s all good but when I call you it’s a problem? You’re such an unlikeable and transparent p*ssy.
You're too damn emotional and incapable of being objective when it comes to KD. You launch into these falsehoods about what you think my agenda is, when it's no more than projection, considering you're the biggest KD dikkrider on this board (this sentiment has been uttered by many a poster).

You either have no idea of what you're talking about (choosing to remain ignorant), or you're blatantly revising history - both are as bad as one another as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't about trying to blame KD.

It's about holding those accountable who're to blame, in equal parts. I have absolutely no interest in trying to blame KD more than he deserves, and the same goes for anyone else that's played their part in the demise of this squad.

Daps
Same cotdamn reason why clowns like you @No1 were trying to heap all the blame on Nash, thinking shyt was sweet over those 5-6 games against bum ass offenses, in the immediate aftermath following his departure -- only to now be smacked upside the head by reality, giving up the most points [153] in a game in franchise history.

The problems run much deeper than someone who was no more than a figurehead, who we're none-the-wiser as to if he can coach or not because he was undermined from the moment he get got the job. Which again, is the reason why this team is in the state it's in because there's no leadership and accountability - it's why Kyrie has been able to live out his best-worst life on a episode of The Quests of A Smart-Dumb Nxgga.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Don’t @ me my nikka. Negging nikkas for calling you out for being uninformed on a squad is corny. Just ignore me going forward.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Incompetent GM who should’ve never had the job in the first place is the reason for this mess.

He was the one who blew it up for a fat version of Harden who just quit on his team, then threw worse money after bad by trading him for a quitter who can’t shoot and somehow ruined his back sitting on the couch.

KD and Kyrie didn’t ask for Harden, and even if they did it would be easy to say “no, we’re going in a different direction.” Sean Marks has flexed his muscle numerous times saying how he’s the one in charge, so let him own the mess he’s made.

• Dap
Reactions: No1
Daps
Don’t @ me my nikka. Negging nikkas for calling you out for being uninformed on a squad is corny. Just ignore me going forward.
Ignore you?

Your dumbass quoted me, telling on yourself.

You're just mad there's no light at the end of KD's tunnel, taking your frustrations out on anyone for calling a spade a spade.

KD wanting Harden on the squad was one of the worst kept secrets in basketball; not only if you actually followed what was happening at the time, but I got first-hand knowledge of the situation from a player agent who said it was only a matter of time before they joined forces (this was during that offseason). To play dumb like Harden didn't intentionally force the Rockets to trade him to BK, as if he and KD didn't already have something planned out beforehand, is all the more telling of how ignorant/biased you are.

You can't run up in here and make out like they had a balanced squad, minus a legit big man, when this entire conversation has been about them not having a legit big. I couldn't give a fukk about what your arbitrary measurements of what is a balanced squad, when this is simply about their frontcourt situation.

Even if they had Kuzma, attaching a 1st to him (which if you knew what you were talking about you'd realize they're already in a precarious position with their future 1st-round picks) and thinking that they could get a legit big in return is fanciful at best. That wouldn't give them the salary flexibility to get a proper big, especially since many in here believe Allen wasn't worth keeping, and he's now on $20m a season.

Please tell me, which big man was out there better than Allen and affordable?

You're not even a Nets fan - why the fukk do you think having KD's nut trickling down your esophagus gives you authority in here?

Last edited:

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
once upon a time…we were so close. :to:

They should have kept Harden and not folded to his demands. The mandate got lifted and KD came back from injury. A few weeks after we traded Harden.

Big 3 barely played together. I would have stuck it out and forced it to work. Way too much talent to not even try.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Marks was the GM from 2016:

- they initially had Lopez
- they then drafted Allen in 2017
- KD was then signed in 2019 (who didn't play the entire season because of injury)
- Allen was then traded to get Harden in 2020 (which was KD's plan)
- from that point onwards it wasn't realistic to get a legit big man.

I'm trying to work out exactly what else was supposed to be done throughout that period?

Again, as I need to keep reiterating, the forming of the Big 3 ended whatever hope there was to have a balanced squad (which includes having a legit big). But again, even if their frontcourt was not a weakness, it still wouldn't rectify the current situation they're now in. It's well beyond that now, and focusing on not having a big man is only a red herring to distract yourselves from the stank that lies beneath surface.

Na breh its been a problem since hes been here before the big 3. Its something with him he refuses to sign bigs.
There was a period we watched RHJ, Quincy Acy and Treveor booker, play the 5 spot.

4 spot been a problem too.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Incompetent GM who should’ve never had the job in the first place is the reason for this mess.

He was the one who blew it up for a fat version of Harden who just quit on his team, then threw worse money after bad by trading him for a quitter who can’t shoot and somehow ruined his back sitting on the couch.

KD and Kyrie didn’t ask for Harden, and even if they did it would be easy to say “no, we’re going in a different direction.” Sean Marks has flexed his muscle numerous times saying how he’s the one in charge, so let him own the mess he’s made.

Joe Tsai wanted Harden. Marks did not want to do the trade.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Told y’all all off-season this team was destined to be a train wreck but nooooooooooooooooo

Lol a compete mess top-down.