Gotta Have Some F*cking Pride and Optimism. Brooklyn Nets 22-23 Season Thread

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Disappointing that the Kyrie/Durant union didn’t work, imo Covid screwed everything up.

I'm certain Durant asks for a trade in the summer. Dude not about to waste the last years of his prime with this roster unless they grab another all-star caliber player (which I doubt).

Tsai's ego really is something else. This dude was hell bent on getting Kyrie to "bend the knee", and in the end he might've f*cked himself. What a dope :wow:

All Marks slander should be taken back if they get off Simmons

HAHAHA, the Nets did not get better.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
All these deals were underwhelming.
Just tells you Kyries value around the league.

Im just happy we didnt take that Westbrook deal.
The Westbrook deal COULD have been the best deal if Tsai would have allowed Marks to explore it. Westbrook deal would have been a 3 team deal. Most likely with westbrook going to SA or Cha.

Tsai refused to allow Kyrie to got to the lakers.

Tsai wanted to lower his luxury tax bill.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Westbrook deal COULD have been the best deal if Tsai would have allowed Marks to explore it. Westbrook deal would have been a 3 team deal. Most likely with westbrook going to SA or Cha.

Tsai refused to allow Kyrie to got to the lakers.

Tsai wanted to lower his luxury tax bill.
I think they wanted to move quickly on a deal so they could have the rest of the week to balance out the roster

If they can add Naz Reid or Mo and maybe another scorer I consider it a win

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Take picks from years Luka is in his prime GM brehs

It was a good ride

:francis:
Is Luka guaranteed be there in ‘29? If this Kyrie thing blows up (which has happened for all the teams he’s been on)he may be gone. Pretty sure his contract is up before then

Gotta wait to see what else Marks does to make final declarations on whether or not the Nets got better but I think there’s a potential to break even here. Given that you’re losing a big headache, I’d call it a win

Last edited:

Legend27

Pro
Daps
This was a solid return honestly. You might not have gotten “better” per se but you gotten now more size and versatility on defense while still getting a capable scorer and playmaker and keeping spacing. Nets just need more size at the 4 or 5 and another scorer.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I think they wanted to move quickly on a deal so they could have the rest of the week to balance out the roster

If they can add Naz Reid or Mo and maybe another scorer I consider it a win
You’re thinking too small. If they don’t get another 20ppg scorer Allstar type player in here and a big then they lose. KD is leaving after this season guaranteed.

They better get one of

Derozsn
John collins
Siakam
Og
Gary Trent jr
Bojan
Lavine
Beal
KAT