Gotta Have Some F*cking Pride and Optimism. Brooklyn Nets 22-23 Season Thread

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Only caught the highlights but man, this team can lock in.

Ben is exactly what I thought he'd be for this team. A tempo pusher, a playmaker a defender, a big body. Claxton looking good out there with a ball handler.

Point guards still gonna cook this team.

Can't wait for this year to start.

:blessed:

Daps
If nothing else than that defense on Giannis brehs, that makes the trade worth it. Playoffs look way different if Gianni's has to work for every possession.

you're talking about playoffs after a preseason game, where milwaukee wasn't at full strength :mjlol:

yall setting yourselves up for more pain :francis:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you're talking about playoffs after a preseason game, where milwaukee wasn't at full strength :mjlol:

yall setting yourselves up for more pain :francis:
Pretty sure Brooklyn wasn't full strength either.

We shall see. Note I spoke about defense. Are you saying that Ben's defense on Gianni's isn't an upgrade?

I can speak about the playoffs because I expect this team to get there.

Daps
Pretty sure Brooklyn wasn't full strength either.

We shall see. Note I spoke about defense. Are you saying that Ben's defense on Gianni's isn't an upgrade?

I can speak about the playoffs because I expect this team to get there.

brooklyn had their top 3 players, the bucks didn't. beyond, that if you are expecting a playoff series against milwaukee to look anything like tonight you must be on some powerful drugs. giannis will average 40 a game on this team with his shooters back in the lineup spacing the floor. milwaukee has not won a single preseason game bruh. this isnt the real show.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
brooklyn had their top 3 players, the bucks didn't. beyond, that if you are expecting a playoff series against milwaukee to look anything like tonight you must be on some powerful drugs. giannis will average 40 a game on this team with his shooters back in the lineup spacing the floor. milwaukee has not won a single preseason game bruh. this isnt the real show.
Cool breh, guess we will see in a few months.

And just be clear, the Bucks didn't have Middleton, a big piece of the puzzle but the way you phrase it makes it sound like no one from the Bucks played.

I am encouraged from the potential of the Nets, let's see how it goes.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody cried for the Nets last year despite them playing only 2 games with their top 3. And none with their top 4 best/highest paid players. Both of these teams(and most likely the rest of the league) will play probably not have all their players at 100% come playoff time.

Hell the only reason Giannis is seen as some big bad is because Harden and Kyrie got hurt

Daps
Nobody cried for the Nets last year despite them playing only 2 games with their top 3. And none with their top 4 best/highest paid players. Both of these teams(and most likely the rest of the league) will play probably not have all their players at 100% come playoff time.

Hell the only reason Giannis is seen as some big bad is because Harden and Kyrie got hurt

Sure we all know the bucks are ringless without the injuries, but they have been the last team standing. That automatically makes them better and a tougher out. The monkey is off their back. The nets imploded last year mostly because of kyrie so thats yalls own fault you couldn't get everyone out there. All im saying is dont get gassed up off one preseason win. The bucks are proven, ben still has MUCH to prove. His track record and attitude tell you he has no interest in being great. If he is not GREAT, it wont be enough to win big. His weaknesses always get magnified come playoff time. :manny: