PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
This is an entirely different continuity so you shouldn't assume that you know what the adult relationships between these characters will be based off of stories you have previously read/seen.

Almost every villain on the old 66 Batman show was significantly older than Batman.
Jack Nicholson's Joker was much older than Michael Keaton's Batman.
Danny Devito was older than Keaton too.
Tommy Lee Jones was old enough to be Val Kilmer's dad in Batman Forever.
Arnold Schwarzenegegr was 15 years older than George Clooney in Batman and Robin
Liam Neeson was old enough to be Christian Bale's dad in Batman Begins.
Aside from people like Catwoman and Bane none of Batman's villains are really physical threats so their being older than him doesn't really matter.

They never said it would be an every episode thing.

:ohhh::patrice:

Thanks for the breakdown, but still cynical. They've said The TV Flash and the new movie Flash will be independent of each other. It seems retarded to me that they couldn't have done the same with this - that they couldn't have started with Gordon just being promoted to captain while there's rumours of a guy dressed as a bat running around the city. Instead (for the moment, at least) Bruce is a kid in a cop procedural. :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ohhh::patrice:

Thanks for the breakdown, but still cynical. They've said The TV Flash and the new movie Flash will be independent of each other. It seems retarded to me that they couldn't have done the same with this - that they couldn't have started with Gordon just being promoted to captain while there's rumours of a guy dressed as a bat running around the city. Instead (for the moment, at least) Bruce is a kid in a cop procedural. :yeshrug:

DC wants to do it in a different way. Geoff Johns said that they're doing a multiverse kinda thing and if you don't read the comics, that means that there are different universes going on all within the same company. It's how we can have batman beyond comics and also batman comics. Or in the marvel universe, it's how we can have ultimate spider man, amazing spider man, and then a continuity where Peter and MJ had their kid, she became spider girl and Peter retired and started working for the NYPD as a consultant

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
DC wants to do it in a different way. Geoff Johns said that they're doing a multiverse kinda thing and if you don't read the comics, that means that there are different universes going on all within the same company. It's how we can have batman beyond comics and also batman comics. Or in the marvel universe, it's how we can have ultimate spider man, amazing spider man, and then a continuity where Peter and MJ had their kid, she became spider girl and Peter retired and started working for the NYPD as a consultant

I think we're arguing the same point here - I'm totally for there being another Batman on TV. At this rate - we're waiting 8 seasons until "Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot..." I've had a bunch of convos about it with my homeboy who works on DC properties at Warners. He's taking the show at face value, rather than what it will grow into, but he's not a Fox breh so he might not have the full scoop...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think we're arguing the same point here - I'm totally for there being another Batman on TV. At this rate - we're waiting 8 seasons until "Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot..."

If we get that much lol..not saying the show is bad because I love it but you know how fickle audiences are man. Sleepy Hollow was a hit last season now it's not doing so well so hopefully Gotham can keep the momentum going.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think we're arguing the same point here - I'm totally for there being another Batman on TV. At this rate - we're waiting 8 seasons until "Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot..." I've had a bunch of convos about it with my homeboy who works on DC properties at Warners. He's taking the show at face value, rather than what it will grow into, but he's not a Fox breh so he might not have the full scoop...
You are assuming that the end game is Batman and everyone will just be sitting around waiting for Bruce to grow up.
That isn't what the show has been promoted as. It is the origin story of Gotham and how shyt went to hell to the point that wierdos started dressing up and committing heinous crimes and the one honest cop trying to fix the city.
I don't think we are ever going to get to the Batman moment with tis show and based on the age they started Bruce out at I doubt the folks behind the show ever had that intention either.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
You are assuming that the end game is Batman and everyone will just be sitting around waiting for Bruce to grow up.
That isn't what the show has been promoted as. It is the origin story of Gotham and how shyt went to hell to the point that wierdos started dressing up and committing heinous crimes and the one honest cop trying to fix the city.
I don't think we are ever going to get to the Batman moment with tis show and based on the age they started Bruce out at I doubt the folks behind the show ever had that intention either.

I can see what they're building to, I guess I don't have faitth that the writers have a card like Batman (even if it's early Batman) and won't play it. All it takes is a time jump between seasons and they're right there.

Other than that, the only way I can really see the series ending is with Gordon's promotion ceremony interspersed with footage of the bat crashing through the window at Wayne Manor. To me - shyt like that is as important to the mythos as the pearls falling in Crime Alley. I'm just not sure that they'll be able to resist the temptation of at least once heavy handedly hinting that Bruce becomes The Batman.
Having said that, I heard Superman never flew in Smallville, so :ehh:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can see what they're building to, I guess I don't have faitth that the writers have a card like Batman (even if it's early Batman) and won't play it. All it takes is a time jump between seasons and they're right there.

Other than that, the only way I can really see the series ending is with Gordon's promotion ceremony interspersed with footage of the bat crashing through the window at Wayne Manor. To me - shyt like that is as important to the mythos as the pearls falling in Crime Alley. I'm just not sure that they'll be able to resist the temptation of at least once heavy handedly hinting that Bruce becomes The Batman.

He was never called Superman either :snoop:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Not until the very very very last episode

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:upsetfavre:

I sat through a bunch of these, while they mortgaged a bunch of the canon storylines, but this shyt with Bruce and Selina hanging out as kids is stupid as fukk. You mean to tell me that he'll grow up to become the World's Greatest Detective but can't figure out that one of his greatest antagonists is the girl who gave him his first kiss?

Its also weird as fukk that a bunch of Batman's Rogues Gallery will be in their 40's/50's by the time he even starts crime-fighting.

Also - what happened to the Joker easter egg thing they said would happen in every episode. That got the :camby:too?
Batman ALWAYS knew who Selina Kyle was in the comics. Selina was the one who known Bruce's alter-ego.
Also, more likely be in their 30's which is still young. Hell, Penguin isn't probably 21 on this show.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
breh,

why does selina kyle look just....disgusting

like her face looks like bad CGI...she's a little kid and will likely grow out of it but man she looks like a monster...eyes are WAY far apart...she looks like walking bad photoshop