Gotham Nights is proof “Cross/next gen” is a marketing farce.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lmao you know they were :umad:

paraphrasing: "I'm hearing from many studios that the Series S is an annoyance to develop for due to memory constraints"
That was said when the Series S was announced. It’s definitely more work. I never argued that it wasn’t.

Your twitter “devs” said Gotham knights being 30fps on SX and PS5 was the fault of the Series S

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
4. More hypotheticals made up in your mind. PS4 would have just taken a couple extra seconds to transition. This is that marketing i told you about. They needed to sell this game as “next gen” to sell you a playstation. In reality Ratchet isn’t doing anything that couldn’t be done on PS4. The shyt just loads faster:stopitslime:
:dwillhuh:

The bold is what you're doing. You and @The Mad Titan gotta be the worst at this.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
That was said when the Series S was announced. It’s definitely more work. I never argued that it wasn’t.

Your twitter “devs” said Gotham knights being 30fps on SX and PS5 was the fault of the Series S

I didnt even post that article but not having enough time to optimize a game since youre busy developing it for multiple SKUs is a regular thing in the industry.

We saw Dying Light 2 and HFW both see massive improvements to fidelity and performance post-launch, this year. Last gen BF4 was a complete disaster due to this same reason, and eventually DICE got it around to being the best game in the franchise a year later. I wouldnt be surprised if Gotham Knights is patched later on with a 60 fps mode

Gamers will say dumb shyt and call the developers "lazy", but the reality is this shyt happens due to poor or ineffective project management - and project management obviously becomes increasingly more difficult with more platforms in the mix. Its not just technical limitations of different platforms that hold back games, its also the capacity a studio has to develop games.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I didnt even post that article but not having enough time to optimize a game since youre busy developing it for multiple SKUs is a regular thing in the industry.

We saw Dying Light 2 and HFW both see massive improvements to fidelity and performance post-launch, this year. Last gen BF4 was a complete disaster due to this same reason, and eventually DICE got it around to being the best game in the franchise a year later. I wouldnt be surprised if Gotham Knights is patched later on with a 60 fps mode

Gamers will say dumb shyt and call the developers "lazy", but the reality is this shyt happens due to poor or ineffective project management - and project management obviously becomes increasingly more difficult with more platforms in the mix. Its not just technical limitations of different platforms that hold back games, its also the capacity a studio has to develop games.
The PS5 is weaker than the xbox in every way but you not reporting or even accepting when that is mentioned
And you look the other way when God of War is made for the PS4 (so was spiderman) none of this shyt applies.

Then we a TWEET from a non dev goes out and is debunked by the industry as a whole, you say its because of Series S and then you act like developing for the series S is this "Feat" that is tough to overcome :stopitslime:
Are developers echoing this today sir? If not, why are you insinuating its a problem? Cuz you never did until a Tweet popped up now giving you this false sense of confidence and entitlement to speak. Get yo ass back in the cut :camby:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
The PS5 is weaker than the xbox in every way

the-office-steve-carell.gif

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Cool story bro :coffee:

hin'en Multimedia's brilliant game - The Touryst - is now available for PS4 and PS5 consoles and it is now confirmed as the very first native 8K rendered game on the new generation of consoles, running beautifully at 60 frames per second no less. That's right: according to our discussions with the developer, the game internally renders at 7680x4320 - no temporal super-sampling, no reprojection, no checkerboarding, no AI upscaling. It's full-on 4320p.

Of course, there's a slight problem here in that PlayStation 5 does not support 8K output via HDMI 2.1, despite proudly displaying an 8K logo on the box.
In this case, Shin'en is using the extreme resolution for super-sampling anti-aliasing: essentially, every pixel on your 4K screen is downsampled from four pixels for pristine image quality.
Brag about running NES games in 8k while struggling to run ps4 games on ps5 in 4k brehs :francis:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Cool story bro :coffee:

Brag about running NES games in 8k while struggling to run ps4 games on ps5 in 4k brehs :francis:
In this case, Shin'en is using the extreme resolution for super-sampling anti-aliasing: essentially, every pixel on your 4K screen is downsampled from four pixels for pristine image quality.

Series X can't run this "NES" game the same way. :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Sure developing a game for multiple different hardware configurations is very complicated. It’s not surprising devs would complain about Series S. But with or without Series S they’d still have to do the same shyt.

Also it kinda goes both ways. Devs need to sell games so having hardware to accommodate a large range of customers actually helps them reach more gamers.

It may be more work, and they may complain but ultimately it’s better for everyone involved that they support as many platforms as possible.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Meach the type of dude to be like if you remove practically everything that makes a game better and functional on a strong platform, it can work on a weaker platform. So GTA 6 can be developed for the Nintendo DS since all you have to do is lower the resolution to 120p, framerate to 18fps, reduce pedestrian and traffic density, remove graphical features and it'll end up working fine.

He should be a vegan chef. He can turn ribs vegan by removing the meat and bones and just giving you the plate with sauce.

:laff:

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The last time I saw a game that the gameplay blew me away as being beyond its predecessor was Gears of War. Before that was GTA 3. Games have become better, but they haven’t really come up with new dynamics and when they do it’s game changing. For example Fortnite isn’t a next gen exclusive but it was a new way to play games and it was game changing.