Gotham Knights locked to 4K/30fps on consoles

taker597

Superstar
Daps
You're right but Arkham Asylum was the only game that innovated actions games with that combat system (aka killed off the whole high budget hardcore action game genre), The first few Assassins Creed, Spider-Man, etc all took elements from that game with stealth and combat.

Arkham City was just that game 2.0 with a bigger map. Knight was the same thing again but with a tank as a batmobile. But yeah, they haven't done much to add or refine the gameplay like you said.

I know its all the same thing, but I took that as Arkham borrowing more from Bioshock's recent success than trying to intentionally be a metroidvania. We saw Dead Space and other games do the same thing in that era.

And yeah, Knight still looks crazy. I hope the rumors from the Nvidia leak for RTX remasters of Arkham Knight (and Bioshock games) are true.
Actually... The combat gameplay got a huge bump in depth in Arkham City. Arkham Asylum combat was really basic.

Superstar
Daps
You guys are not seeing what's going on here :stop:

The game might be fine, but one company is sabotaging this title and it's Sony. They are forcing console parity, they are holding us back :francis:

:mjpls:
We sure it’s not the series SS?

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
You guys are not seeing what's going on here :stop:

The game might be fine, but one company is sabotaging this title and it's Sony. They are forcing console parity, they are holding us back :francis:

This game is dropping on the Series S and not the PS4 though :unimpressed:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopefully this bad press drives the price down by Black Friday :pachaha:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Don’t think people should be using these two poorly optimized games as an indication of much of anything.

We already have examples of bigger games that look better and have more detail running at 60fps on these consoles.

As far as i’m concerned a game not having a 60fps mode on consoles is a choice/failure of the devs. There’s really no excuse at this point.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t think people should be using these two poorly optimized games as an indication of much of anything.

We already have examples of bigger games that look better and have more detail running at 60fps on these consoles.

As far as i’m concerned a game not having a 60fps mode on consoles is a choice/failure of the devs. There’s really no excuse at this point.

Oh I'm not co-signing 30fps games if it's coming off that way. Just kinda of saying expect it from some games until later on when there is patch that optimizes setting for performance or graphics.

For 3rd party games I don't think there is enough "reason" for them to maybe delay a game a month or to for performance modes. When they probably feel they can release a patch later and drop it.

And unless it's something competitive the sales probably aren't really affected that much