Gotdamn!, check out this Magic Johnson video brehs...

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
wow

Its always funny how much he downplays his athleticism. How agile he was at that size is not what normal men can do.

His IQ and vision and technical ability with that ball. Just an amazing player, we wont ever see one like him again.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Can you imagine having something like League Pass in the 80s and watching the Lakers? :ooh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
using Magic on 2K12 is the only thing making that game playable

MorePower

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with everybody who said Magic is the greatest player of all time.

Nobody could guard him. :yes:

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MJ>>>>>>>>>>>

You can't be the GOAT if you don't play D... Magic was a better passer (as a PG, of course), that's all. MJ sh1t on him in every other aspects of the game.
Nostalgia makes nikkas say the dumbest things sometimes :smoker:

MorePower

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MJ>>>>>>>>>>>

You can't be the GOAT if you don't play D... Magic was a better passer (as a PG, of course), that's all. MJ sh1t on him in every other aspects of the game.
Nostalgia makes nikkas say the dumbest things sometimes :smoker:

MJ shyts on Magic in every aspect other than passing??? :usure:

They were both mediocre shooters that hit big shots. Magic was a better rebounder and passer and got to the rack JUST AS EASILY as Jordan because of his superior handles. MJ was great defensively when guarding PG's and SG's and Magic was mostly average but Magic could also guard the 4 and the 5 when the Lakers needed him to.

We've already seen another Jordan in Kobe but we will NEVER see a player that has Magic's abilities, IQ, and clutch
gene.

Ain't no nostalgia on my part. This is an opinion based on witnessing both players in their primes (yeah I'm old, fukk it). Nobody could stop Magic. EVER. Any nostalgia would be formed from using all the Jordan commercials, billboards, and movies to form an opinion instead of actually watching and understanding the game.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
MJ>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh yeah, which MJ? They're both MJ :skip:

Anyway....nostalgia has NOTHING to do with this. When I was younger I knew plenty of grown men who would say Magic was the greatest...and this was during Jordans prime.

You cant get mad at them for suggesting a dude who, could play ALL 5 POSITIONS on the floor and had nearly every skill in the book, was the greatest.

You can't even realistically use stats to convince anyone that MJ is the greatest scorer of all time when he's behind Karl Malone and Kareem. Even if he didnt retire the first time, he still would not have caught Malone. :umad:

If Kobe doesnt somehow pass Kareem, that record might stand forever. I dont think KD cant do it.