Got More Picks Than A Little Bit:The Miami Dolphins 2019 Season Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
It's hopeless. There's no right answer for the phins. I'm #teamtank, that's the best option. I'm just sayin, I'm too cynical to believe we won't escape mediocrity, if Rosen doesn't end up becoming a franchise qb. Or if we don't draft a 2015 Broncos level defense. We desperately need to amass draft picks and knock each one out the park if we want to avoid another 10yrs of mediocrity. Everything rides on it....
I see one 1st rounder picking a QB and anither picking OL to replace Tunsil. I anticipate we will trade one of 3 first rounders to get another 1st and additional picks. You know some teams will be in love with a player that they'll wanna trade up for at a price.

From the start Grier's plan was to stockpile as many picks as possible in case some dont pan out. He's doing just that. i'm going along with it and hope that it will work out rather than deal with the reality of this potentially 0-16 team. Every sunday i ensure we lose and also check the Texans and Steelers scores to get an idea where our other 1st round picks will land.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Nothing to be excited about except keeping our eyes on the prize for next draft

Round
Dolphins Picks
1st round 3 picks (Own, Pittsburgh, Houston)
2nd round 2 picks (Own, New Orleans)
3rd round 2 picks (Own, Comp Pick — Ja’Wuan James)
4th round 0 picks
5th round 2 picks (Pittsburgh, Projected Comp Pick – Cam Wake)
6th round 2 picks(Dallas, Indianapolis (Evan Boehm pick swap))
7th round 0 picks
Total 11

Round
Dolphins Picks
1st round 2 picks (Own, Houston
2nd round 2 picks (Own, Houston)
3rd round 1 pick
4th round 1 pick
5th round 1 pick
6th round 2 picks (Own, Pittsburgh)
7th round 0 picks (Sent to Pittsburgh)
Total 9
2-Year Total 21 Picks

Last edited:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
If 2 teams finish 0-16 how do they determine who gets the top pick?

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
lost by 49 week 1
lost by 43 week 2
lost by 25 week 3

baby steps:myman:
I wanna see all the other teams who are winless win at least 3 games before we win 1

All I need is for them to have the worst record and secure the 1st pick This year.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
I wanna see all the other teams who are winless win at least 3 games before we win 1

All I need is for them to have the worst record and secure the 1st pick This year.
Those other winless teams are much better than Miami and will find a way to win 5+ games. I just don’t see how this team wins more than 3 games this season. I know Gase will be motivated to beat us but he’s trash so he might end up losing to us.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
It's hopeless. There's no right answer for the phins. I'm #teamtank, that's the best option. I'm just sayin, I'm too cynical to believe we won't escape mediocrity, if Rosen doesn't end up becoming a franchise qb. Or if we don't draft a 2015 Broncos level defense. We desperately need to amass draft picks and knock each one out the park if we want to avoid another 10yrs of mediocrity. Everything rides on it....

And here lies the biggest issue with tanking. Replacing talent you already have with unknown potential. It's rare to hit on enough players in one or 2 drafts to build a playoff team from. And obviously if youre tanking your gm isnt picking stars out the gate.
Your gm has drafted ok from what ive seen but relying on building a playoff contender this way is silly.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Those other winless teams are much better than Miami and will find a way to win 5+ games. I just don’t see how this team wins more than 3 games this season. I know Gase will be motivated to beat us but he’s trash so he might end up losing to us.
We've seen good teams struggle. The team we had that went 1-15 had just as much talent as the one before it that went 7-9

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Following the game via ESPN gamecast.

How's the defense looking thus far? I don't want them to win this game but I like them to have a good showing every week

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Rosen ain’t bad shame he has no chance with this team

• Dap

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
One thing is concerning moving forward: our 2nd half performance. Good thing we're losing but this is concerning that we go from okay to absolute shyt after the half. 3 weeks in a row. It's like he's not adjusting after the half. After the rebuild is over, he needs to fix that.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Will tanking even change shyt for this team? Even if we amass picks, if we don't go all-in for one side of ball, we'll be hit or miss on both sides which will bring us back to years of treadmill status. We've had solid defenses with no QB in the past. And it's gotten us 8-8 szn's. Part of me feels like this tank won't mean a damn, and we'll be doomed to mediocrity for another 10yrs.

:yeshrug:
Honestly, now i feel like we're not tanking hard enough. I mean Bengals look like they may go 0-16 or 1-15 too. And let's not forget the Jets. Broncos ain't looking good either.

We have to mentally prepare ourselves with having the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft if we should fukk around and have multiple 0-16 teams vying for that top pick

• Dap