Got back from the doctor and did you know the american heart association changed the blood pressure chart

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
whats your a1c

Last time I checked a few years ago it was 5.2 which afaik is normal :manny:

I've never had any significant health problems besides hypertension. Admittedly I get pretty nervous in medical environments so I'd guess my BP is lower at home, but I can't be bothered to keep checking it so I just take a medication.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I damn sure didn't know it changed but I did think something weird was going on.

After all these decades of not being on any medication I have to use it now.

Most black men suffer from hypertension. Went to the doctor and my blood pressure was 190/101. Felt absolutely fine. It's a silent killer.

For some people like myself. It's all about the sodium. Blood pressure isn't always about weight. I was fat and didn't have it. I lost 55lbs and was no longer overweight and got it.

That sodium is a killer. It's in every damn thing. I eat absolutely no packaged or processed food. Take care of yourself brehs. The strokes and heart attacks are real. You can feel absolutely no
symptoms which is crazy.

Let me add on to this. Sodium is a problem, but more research is coming out to say low Potassium is a bigger issue. Potassium balances sodium and is needed but most people don't get nearly enough. I read somewhere black men actually require more potassium than white men to see the blood pressure lowering effects. I started drinking 3 glasses of low sodium V8 juice a day (lots of potassium) and saw a significant drop in BP.

Also recommend getting your blood glucose checked. We know diabetes is high among blacks, but people forget about Insulin resistance. Both are correlated with increased blood pressure.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Let me add on to this. Sodium is a problem, but more research is coming out to say low Potassium is a bigger issue. Potassium balances sodium and is needed but most people don't get nearly enough. I read somewhere black men actually require more potassium than white men to see the blood pressure lowering effects. I started drinking 3 glasses of low sodium V8 juice a day (lots of potassium) and saw a significant drop in BP.

Also recommend getting your blood glucose checked. We know diabetes is high among blacks, but people forget about Insulin resistance. Both are correlated with increased blood pressure.
Thank you for this information. I did not know this at all. It's good that information like this can be shared. I don't have any issues with diabetes. I just had a wellness exam to check for everything. Doc was just like your BP is way to high, here are your meds. lol

I started drinking Organic Beet Juice. It's truly disgusting, I'm not going to lie. Think about how you played football growing up and you got a mouth full of dirt. Yeah it's that bad. But I encourage every man to drink this. Here is why

1. Lowers BP
2. Increases Libido- I literally feel like I'm in my 20s again. lol
3. Improves circulation- All those thick ankles you see out in the streets are a lot of times from poor circulation
4. Improves stamina- I can work out longer than I ever had. You have to drink it two hours before it kicks for this though.

I just did a google search and they say it has potassium in it! I'm also going to look at how to increase my potassium on top of that. Thanks breh.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you for this information. I did not know this at all. It's good that information like this can be shared. I don't have any issues with diabetes. I just had a wellness exam to check for everything. Doc was just like your BP is way to high, here are your meds. lol

I started drinking Organic Beet Juice. It's truly disgusting, I'm not going to lie. Think about how you played football growing up and you got a mouth full of dirt. Yeah it's that bad. But I encourage every man to drink this. Here is why

1. Lowers BP
2. Increases Libido- I literally feel like I'm in my 20s again. lol
3. Improves circulation- All those thick ankles you see out in the streets are a lot of times from poor circulation
4. Improves stamina- I can work out longer than I ever had. You have to drink it two hours before it kicks for this though.

I just did a google search and they say it has potassium in it! I'm also going to look at how to increase my potassium on top of that. Thanks breh.

Salute breh. I've done a lot of personal research and trial and error and glad to share info. Also, encourage brehs to do their own research. I forgot about Beet juice! Great choice. I actually don't mind the taste but I understand its takes getting used to lol. Along wtih the potassium, Beets also have nitric oxide which relaxes the blood vessels causing blood to flow more easily. Too much sugar inhibits nitric oxide that's why its important to look at your diet as a whole because one thing can cancel something else out if you're not careful.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Salute breh. I've done a lot of personal research and trial and error and glad to share info. Also, encourage brehs to do their own research. I forgot about Beet juice! Great choice. I actually don't mind the taste but I understand its takes getting used to lol. Along wtih the potassium, Beets also have nitric oxide which relaxes the blood vessels causing blood to flow more easily. Too much sugar inhibits nitric oxide that's why its important to look at your diet as a whole because one thing can cancel something else out if you're not careful.

How do you feel about taking potassium supplements? I mean I can eat but so much fruit and vegetables. :mjlol: 7-10 cups of greens every day? Yeah I know I won't be doing that. I'm going to research about supplements. I do eat a lot of watermelon and pineapple

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Also, if you can, have doctors check your thyroid. if u have any thyroid dysfunction, your body wont process/absorb potassium properly which will also affect your BP

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
where do you fall? I've been 124-127 since 30, and I'm not fat, chubby, thick or anything, apparenty LESS than 120 is normal. who here is 110 at our age? :what:
130 is stage 1 hypertension? 80% of america must be stage 2 hypertension then. :mindblown:

blood-pressure-readings-chart.jpg
116 over 73

40s

But I have a black belt in brazillian jiujitsu