Got back from the doctor and did you know the american heart association changed the blood pressure chart

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Yeah always want to talk about us who stay in the gym but yall constantly be the ones making threads about how your health scares/new prescription. Get in the gym and get your health right.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I've been 120-130 since I started going back to the doctor after college. I don't think the chart changed though. My mom used to make comments earier, her being a dialysis nurse, but I think its normal for me as it hasn't gone up. Also the doctor takes but isn't concerned so I'm not concerned.

I work out and play soccer, and it stays about the same. The main thing for me is just making sure my blood glucose (or is it the hemoglobin number) isn't too high and that my LDLs aren't too high. At 1 point my overall cholestorol was high, but my HDL and VHDL were high, while my LDL was actually within the safe limit
I just checked right now. 118/78. :whew: 118 is usually my lowest of the low. but usually, its in the 20s like you

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Went in for a follow-up a while back and they had to admit me.

200/120

Took 4 hours to get back down and I felt perfectly normal the entire time.​
Yea, you don't feel anything, but a heart attack or a stroke come out of nowhere. They call a heart attack the silent killer cause it can happen without symptoms

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Mine is constantly over 170/90 even with BP meds. Cholesterol and all that other shyt are normal, so I let it go :yeshrug:
Don't do that. What that means is your heart is struggling and will wear-out faster, or, you'll have an aneurysm as the pressure in your blood vessels will explode.

Get a BP monitor, watch your sodium intake, and just take a walk every day.​

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
140 :francis:

Reminds me of the time I was in the ER and this patient came in and the nurse did a BP test, found out dude pressure was in the 200s :damn:

I'm like "HOW IN THE LIVING HELL THIS DUDE IS STILL BREATHING!?!"

My damn blood pressure rose up out of spite because the ole head was like
giphy.gif

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
You want to believe this is to provide better health outcomes, but really it’s about writing more scripts. Blood pressure medications are cheap, almost all of them are available as generics, so pharma companies make up revenue by shotting for volume on these
The World Health Organization (WHO) considers a normal blood pressure reading for adults to be less than 120/80 mmHg. However, this standard can vary with age. For adults aged 25 to 80, the average blood pressure typically falls within the following ranges:

• Ages 18-39: Around 119/70 mmHg for men and 110/68 mmHg for women.
  • Ages 40-59: Around 124/77 mmHg for men and 122/74 mmHg for women.
  • Ages 60 and older: Around 133/69 mmHg for men and 139/68 mmHg for women