Google Stadia Shuts Down Internal Studios, Changing Business Focus

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Like every other Google project...run it for a few months, then kill it.

At this point if you fukk with Google anything you’re pouring jelly on yourself.
They're so predictable right now :unimpressed:

google launches things half baked all the time and also abandons platforms/apps/tech often

even if I wanted to buy In(I don't:mjlol:), I would wait two years minimum to see if they didn't throw in the towel yet

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
maxresdefault.jpg

Said on September 9, 2020

With Microsoft, yes, it always comes back to the money but they've gotten their heads out of their own ass, Satya Nadella isn't Steve Ballmer and they've pushed their chips in to go all in. I truly believe that we are now in the beginning stages of the long battle of attrition. Google Stadia will be the first casualty.

Microsoft's moves to make are predictable due to the money. Point A to point B as quickly as possible and the money is a buffer for them, stiff arm to the competition. When the concept of Gamepass came to fruition, I knew Stadia's best days were already behind them.

Ruthless. They are already in the cut brehs.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Said on September 9, 2020

Microsoft's moves to make are predictable due to the money. Point A to point B as quickly as possible and the money is a buffer for them, stiff arm to the competition. When the concept of Gamepass came to fruition, I knew Stadia's best days were already behind them.

Ruthless. They are already in the cut brehs.

AnguishedHeavenlyImperatorangel-size_restricted.gif

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
If I'm Sony... I'm watching the situation closely and as soon as the inevitable shut down, they need to offer Google a partnership.

Sony Stadia App as a supplement to outcall l physical gaming.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Clearly a lot of people neither read or understood what they read. Stadia doesn't need platform exclusives to sell, they just need to license the right IPs.
We understand what the article is about but when you have a company with a track record like Google, you can't help but to be skeptical that this isn't a bad sign.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
It’s amazing google is where they are with how many failed products and services they’ve had over the years. There was no way this was going to success. Bandwidth and connectivity as a whole in this country is still practically in the stone age

bnew

Veteran
Daps
It’s amazing google is where they are with how many failed products and services they’ve had over the years. There was no way this was going to success. Bandwidth and connectivity as a whole in this country is still practically in the stone age

i wouldn't say they failed.. google just decided the number of users wasn't to their liking and closed it. google notebook was dpe and they closed it. google wave was one of a kind and they shut it down. gtalk was promising and could have been telegram plus more had they implemented the planned SIP support and google RSS reader was wildly popular before they killed it and all these major tech companies decided to make their sites silos of information. twitter use to support rss too, so you didn't even need a twitter account to follow a users tweets.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Google have a history of doing this. I feel bad for the developers that will be out of work. Some of them even left established studios. Crazy

:francis:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
said it the moment the presentation happened, and will bring it up again. 2:00 - 2:05 should have been the nail in the coffin from jump