Google Play Music now lets you store 50,000 songs in the cloud(double previous amount)

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
@-DMP- @General Mills @midwesthiphop

Hey can any of y'all answer something for me?

I have a subscription to Google Play Music, they got a sale going (3 months for a dollar) so I said why not. But I'm wondering... I've downloaded a few albums through the service onto my phone, would they no longer be able to be played through my device if I ended the subscription???

if you have TIDAL, you can DL a bunch of stuff to ur phone and even fter ur sub ends you can still listen to them. They don't delete them. Spotify used to as well, but now they delete them when ur sub ends.
I don't understand how this work If I got music on my computer how I do get it in the cloud to play on my phone (android and iphone) can someone wok me through this step by step

Put all ur music in 1 Music folder....then the rest is pretty self explanatory from Googles directions. It's easy breh.

All ur doing is uploading it from ur HD to Google's cloud. Depending on how much music you have though it might take 24-36 hours of non-stop uploading.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand how this work If I got music on my computer how I do get it in the cloud to play on my phone (android and iphone) can someone wok me through this step by step

Download a app called Google music Manger on your computer
Follow the instructions to link your computers music folder
Drag and drop any music you want on google music mobile app to your computer folder and it will automatically sync

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@-DMP- @General Mills @midwesthiphop

Hey can any of y'all answer something for me?

I have a subscription to Google Play Music, they got a sale going (3 months for a dollar) so I said why not. But I'm wondering... I've downloaded a few albums through the service onto my phone, would they no longer be able to be played through my device if I ended the subscription???

Anything you pay for you keep anything you download as part of the subscription you don't

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Thanks breh

Not going to lie... I'm disappointed.
If Tidal and Google Play music were one service >>>> Tidal's set up and quality is better. But Google's upload feature is a must.

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
if you have TIDAL, you can DL a bunch of stuff to ur phone and even fter ur sub ends you can still listen to them. They don't delete them. Spotify used to as well, but now they delete them when ur sub ends.
DAMN if this is true, Tidal is the shyt!

@BarNone I agree man, this my first time subscribing to such a service and it's cool to have quick access to countless albums but the app could use a ton of tweaking. I always have to go through hurdles just to get back to my own library, or use the "Download Only" option, but then I'll have to toggle that on and off each time just to search for other music that's not in my library...

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I wish Google music allowed you to re arrange albums, especially since when you upload stuff it takes the liberty to arrange it themself, but albums with multiple artists sometimes they group them separately and it's annoying.

And they need to differentiate in the app(because on the website they fixed this) the difference between clean albums and dirty albums. fukk I look like listening to a clean album.