Google hardware event - Pixel 4, new Pixel Buds & more

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Removing unlimited google photo storage
Not writing a blank check to ensure the wide angle features that people wanted to compete w/ other top cameras
And not having the Matte finish on the black version

^ These are head scratchers.

I am a pixel head. Once I got that Pixel 1, I bought into the ecosystem and didn't move from that phone until I got the Pixel 3. I am very disappointed in this. :francis:

I have a crack in my Pixel 3 currently...I hate being a person that continues with a cracked screen; snobby, I know. I was really looking to possibly get this...

I'm just going to contact Asurion and use that insurance on a new Pixel 3.:manny:

That being said...I'm REALLY, REALLY tempted to jump onto that Note 10, though. :lupe:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Removing unlimited google photo storage
Not writing a blank check to ensure the wide angle features that people wanted to compete w/ other top cameras
And not having the Matte finish on the black version

^ These are head scratchers.

I am a pixel head. Once I got that Pixel 1, I bought into the ecosystem and didn't move from that phone until I got the Pixel 3. I am very disappointed in this. :francis:

I have a crack in my Pixel 3 currently...I hate being a person that continues with a cracked screen; snobby, I know. I was really looking to possibly get this...

I'm just going to contact Asurion and use that insurance on a new Pixel 3.:manny:

That being said...I'm REALLY, REALLY tempted to jump onto that Note 10, though. :lupe:
Same I was waiting for this phone, but maybe a used S10 plus looks like the best value for android market

drifter

Superstar
Daps
how does pixel 4 xl compare to 7t? i know 7t cheaper and has a faster processeor

7T
6.5 1080p screen
Dolby surround sound
128GB base storage, 256GB max
6GB RAM, 8GB max
3800 battery
Fingerprint scanner in display
30 watt fast charging
Worse camera

Pixel 4
5.7 1080p / 6.3 QHD screen
Standard stereo
64GB base storage, 128GB max
6GB RAM
2800 battery / 3700 battery for 6.3
Face scanner
18 watt fast charging
Better camera
Dust/water resistant
Wireless charging

7T should have better battery on top of faster charges with 30 watt charging. Cheapest model has same storage as Pixel's most expensive, most expensive 7T has double the storage and more RAM. Better speakers. No wireless charging or water resistance. Camera won't be close.

6.3 Pixel 4 will have better but smaller screen. Better assistant, wireless charge compatible, fast face scanner, water resistance, much better camera. Slower charge speeds, worse battery life.

Up to you how much the $400 difference for the 6.3 is worth over the 7T, don't buy the smaller Pixel.

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
They had it at 21% off (£316) on Google's recent 21st birthday but I hesitated and didn't jump on it, I'm hoping they discount it again soon.
Do Google usually run Black Friday deals on their devices?
Missed it too, they usually do.

• Dap
Reactions: GZR

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
If you have a Pixel 3 already keep that.

If you have a 1 or 2 upgrade.

That's the overall feeling I'm getting from first looks.

Like I said earlier love my 3 and alot of the upgrades are coming my way as well.

The new Google Assistant on the 4 is insane with the multitasking ability.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know a dude who worked on the team for the Pixel 3 and there are definitely voices internally that say this line is too expensive. He ended up leaving the team, but gave me an idea of pricing before its release and I knew it was going to be set up for failure. The jist of his summary was that branding objectives were driving pricing more than honesty about market parity. Seems like that's still the case.