Google hardware event - Pixel 4, new Pixel Buds & more

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Ugh my Pixel 3 has been a up and down experience.
Why do you say that?
Price is too damn high and I won't be surprised if they continue with the Pixel "a" line and drop a Pixel 4a model some months down the road with a cheaper price point.
I can easily get a regular iPhone 11 128GB for $750...:mjlol:

iPhone 11 64GB - $700

iPhone 11 128GB - $750

iPhone 11 Pro 64GB - $1000

iPhone 11 Pro 256GB - $1150

iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB - $1100

iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB - $1250
What if you were getting a $100 in credit? Would that make a different to you?

Last year it was BF, which was also how long it took for them to get hardware/supply issues fixed.
How much do they normally drop? I'm not a phone guy at all. Nexus 6p was my first smartphone.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
The Pixel 4 is so damn disappointing.

They got the price point wrong. The battery size for a 90Hz display is terrible. The design is not good at that premium price tag. It has a damn forehead like a 2016 phone. It has a base of 64GB storage in 20-damn-19. The hand gesture feature barely works according to MKBHD. And, it doesn't have Snapdragon 855+ like the much cheaper One Plus 7T.

...the Pixel 4 is so damn disappointing :unimpressed:

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Pixel Buds -$179

Blogpost_earbuds.max_1000x1000.0.png

I dont get the hype with earbuds these days.

People dont realize they paying for low quality.

You will never get audiophile quality sound from some wireless "buds"

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

They got the price point wrong. The battery size for a 90Hz display is terrible. The design is not good at that premium price tag. It has a damn forehead like a 2016 phone. It has a base of 64GB storage in 20-damn-19. The hand gesture feature barely works according to MKBHD. And, it doesn't have Snapdragon 855+ like the much cheaper One Plus 7T.

...and the video quality out of the phone will be weak compared to other phones
:unimpressed:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Pixel 4 is gonna tank, guaranteed.

:trash: ass specs in 2019 with the kind of competition out now?

:camby:

killed fingerprint sensor for face unlock :gucci:??

no headphone jack??? :dahell:

lil ass battery :scust:

No expandable memory while removing unlimited storage via Google photos :mindblown:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
How much do they normally drop? I'm not a phone guy at all. Nexus 6p was my first smartphone.

Last year it was 150 for the 3, 200 for the 3XL. That deep a cut after a month isn't normal though even for BF deals. They did it bc phones weren't working out of the box and they were getting flamed. If it sells decent it would probably be close to their normal deals, $50 off new activation. I don't think it's going to so it may be more.

Google and Sony are the most confusing, both are household names and could be doing better. Sony could never market for shyt but made great looking high end phones, Google can't make phones but can market and get into carriers. I keep thinking they don't care but I can't see spending on face technology, earphones etc and not wanting return.

Dude saying telephoto doesn't matter is telling bc it doesn't matter what you think, consumers are buying phones that have it so the Pixel 4 needs to have it. You can't copy the lens with software. If nothing else Pixels were supposed to have better cameras than anything else, why leave something off. And you can't say you don't have the space on the back. You don't understand the market or you don't care since you're mostly after data and Android phone sales regardless who made it is money for you.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Pixel 4 is gonna tank, guaranteed.

:trash: ass specs in 2019 with the kind of competition out now?

:camby:

killed fingerprint sensor for face unlock :gucci:??

no headphone jack??? :dahell:

lil ass battery :scust:

No expandable memory while removing unlimited storage via Google photos :mindblown:

I didn't know they got rid of the fingerprint sensor and the headphone jack. The fingerprint sensor is kind of a deal breaker for me.

I don't want the Pixel 3s either because that damn notch looks incredibly annoying.