Google Glass....proof that Ray Kurzweil's prediction are all coming true

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Most of these things are not only 100 years or more out, but in 1999 most of that shyt that he predicted that has "come true" was common sense or shyt that was already in R&D.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
some of this stuff sound crazy. people consciousness living forever as long as they willing to murder another persons existence by deleting their consciousness....this is actually sick. imagine some wealthy sick fukkers breed humans just for the sole purpose of one day taking their body so they can repeat the process and live forever. george bush son taking dna from lebron, jordan, vick, and other greats and when the dude grows, bush jr implants his consciousness into the guy and live out his dream as a NBA megastar..demonic..

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
People predicted outlandish things in the 50s and that shyt did not come true. They would be :mindblown: at what we have now but they thought we'd be living on Mars and shyt too. Consumer technology seems to outpace medical science by a large margin. We need to get cures for Cancer and AIDS first, or treatments to nullify their existence.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
:why: 100 years? There are already people walking the earth today with direct brain implants that allow them to control computers simply by thinking. Just last week a team of researchers at Duke University were able to connect two rat brains using brain implants so that the thoughts of one rat could be send wirelessly via the internet directly onto the brain of another rat.

This only seems to be 100 years out because our brains didn't evolve to comprehend what exponential increases mean. 10 steps linearly is a just 10 steps forward. 10 steps exponentially is 1,000 steps forward. What looks to be 100 years out is most times just one or two decades away. The technology exists right now for brain-computer interfaces in the laboratory. It isn't crazy to say that 20-30 years from now it will be ubiquitous.

Just look back 20-30 years ago at computers and compare them to today's advanced tablets, smartphones, and soon to be Google Glass. I don't think its as farfetched as 100 years in the future based on our track record so far.
I agree with you, but let me take this into another direction that may or may not be true.

Aliens... often times it is "said thru the grapevine" that certain types of Aliens can heal ppl with there minds
What is being discussed here seems like a natural evolutionary idea imo :manny:

Thats of course if you believe we not alone :whistle:

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
This is one is way too out there. :rudy:

Imagine replacing one brain cell with a synthetic cell that contains the exact same information as the cell it replaced. That would still be you, right?

If so, how many non-organic cells does it take before it stops being you? What if you replaced every cell with a synthetic copy, is that different than replacing 1, 10, or 1000 cells?

If you allow that your mind can exist on something other than a 100% organic brain, it seems to follow that it can exist on a 100% inorganic medium

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
So alot of people were writing articles in 2009 attacking Ray Kurzweil because some of his predictions didn't come true exactly when he predicted. I never really looked at him as some sorcerer with the power to see the exact future but rather as a visionary who knows better than most where technology is taking us. I looked back at his prediction and ALL of them are either already here or about to be here like Google Glass. Here are just a few of the big things he saw would happen by 2009 in his 1999 book Age of Spiritual Machines.

The Age of Spiritual Machines (1999)

- Most books will be read on screens rather than paper. (iPad, Kindle)
- People use personal computers the size of rings, pins, credit cards and books. (smartphones are about the size of credit cards and tablets are the size of books; though rings and pins is overstating it)
- Cables are disappearing. Computer peripheries use wireless communication. (4G WiFi)
- People can talk to their computer to give commands. (Siri, Google Voice)
- Computer displays built into eyeglasses for augmented reality are used. (Google Glass)

The only major prediction he fukked up on was his prediction that driverless cars would be available to the public by now. That technology still looks like its about 5 years out. Even if all his predictions for the 2020s and 2030s are 5-10 years off like he was about driverless cars, the future will be much more radical than we can imagine. Here's a taste of what he sees being possible in the next 20-30 years. shyt is gonna be crazy.

- A $1,000 personal computer is 1,000 times more powerful than the human brain. :gladbron:
- Computer implants that go into the eyes and ears allow direct interface with computers, communications and Internet-based applications. The implants are also capable of recording what the user sees and hears. :krs: future of Google Glass
- Direct brain implants allow users to enter full-immersion virtual reality—with complete sensory stimulation—without any external equipment. :ahh: future of the Oculus Rift

- Mind uploading becomes successful as humans become software-based: living out on the Web, projecting bodies whenever they want or need (whether in virtual or real reality), and living indefinitely so long as they maintain their "mind file". :damn:
- Nanomachines in peoples' brains will allow them to "telepathically" communicate with other, similarly augmented humans via wireless networks. :mindblown:

link :merchant:

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
Most of these things are not only 100 years or more out, but in 1999 most of that shyt that he predicted that has "come true" was common sense or shyt that was already in R&D.

There are always people like you who spread bullshyt logic as fact.
See, I just so happened to have been alive in 1999 and I know for a fact 99% of nikkaz didn't believe we'd be going digital as fast as we did. Not even the whole downloading music angle. The fall of the music industry as we knew it
You didn't know that

Back on sohh, this one visionary was talking about how next gen would be straight up DD for the most part and the majority of ppl was like "Nah, we won't be able to download.. our bandwidths :sadbron:
nikkaz ain't talking that shyt 1/2yrs later. Its comical to even think that way
Augmented reality becomes reality this year. What comes next is the question?
its not gonna take 3 more decades for you to find out :stopitslime:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Killah Priest had some things he said in Information come true, iirc, and that was back in 1997-8

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Long winded Post filled with stupidity that didn't take into account the fact that there were plenty of papers and case studies that not only talked about a lot of the things that were in the first post but predicted them as the natural progression of things, with the exception of the transfering of conciousness shyt, which is still very young

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
I find it interesting to ponder that if/when we ever produce an artificial "intelligence" that can invent stuff better than we can, the rate of technological progression will accelerate in ways we can't really imagine. If a computer is as "smart" as us this year, it wouldn't be many years before it's a thousand times smarter than us. Then things that take us years to research and develop could be worked out in seconds.

I put "intelligence" in quotes because this thing wouldn't have to get the joke, or feel emotions... it would only have to be better at inventing technology than the smartest humans are.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
It was once said the rate of technology will only increase until it begins to replace a significant number of white collar jobs, in much the same vein it has replaced blue collar jobs.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
There's something disturbing about someone having the ability to "delete" someone else's consciousness.

On it's face, that seems like an advantage of bodily integrity -- you have a degree of autonomy over your own body.

brehs with gun's have been deleting consciousness for years

Lets take it a step further..say you can implant your consciousness virtually. What happens if the device your consciousness exists on fails (hardware error)?

we have those now in the analog, they are called heart attacks, aneurisms, cancer

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets take it a step further..say you can implant your consciousness virtually. What happens if the device your consciousness exists on fails (hardware error)? The state of your consciousness is now gone..lol. Maybe they have it distributed somehow...but now you have multiple consciousness..crazy

What happens if you get a brain aneurism right now? Not saying machines can't have errors, but your making a fallacy if you think biology doesn't have many fallacies as well. Remember we are simply organic robots running on software (DNA). There are errors all the time in our organic DNA that leads to deletion (disease). I'm gonna take my chances with super advanced technology created through actual intelligent design versus our current software and hardware which evolved by random mutation and natural selection.

And BTW the reason you implant your consciousness virtually is so you can have a backup if something happens to the original. Another upgrade over our biological software. Our brain doesn't keep backups of our consciousness in case we get a brain aneurism and die from internal bleeding.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

First of all, many of his 1999 predictions about 2009 were considered radical. Do you even remember what computers and the internet were like in 1999? Remember dial-up? Do you even remember what cell phones looked like? We came a long way in 10 years. The computer in your pocket is more poweful that the most powerful supercomputer in 1996 and is thousands of times smaller. That is CRAZY!!! In addition, most people thought driverless cars were total science fiction and decades away just a few years ago let alone in 1999. Its easy to say that current technology was foreseeable when you are experiencing it right now. I'd love to have seen you say that in 1999.

And on the topic of R&D, I've already stated that brain/computer inferface technology is already being researched in the lab. Brain computer interfaces will definitely be common by the mid-2020s considering its already possible right now. Quadriplegics and certain people who don't mind having computer chips surgically implanted into their brain are capable of communicating to computers right now simply by thinking. The only reason this isn't common is because it can only be done surgically right now. However, in 15 years, when nanotechnology is more advanced, the use of brain computer inferences will be more widespread.

Instead of requiring surgery, the brain-computer interface can be inserted non-invasively through the use of small robotic nanobots that attach to the brain. And yes, blood cell sized nanobots are already being used in labs right now. The tech is at its infancy but should mature by the mid-2020s when it hits the market. The brain interface software should also improve. Right now people can only move the mouse or robotic arms with their mind. Thats because only simply brain waves can be interpreted resulting in only simple commands to the computer. To allow for more sophisticated controls, there will need to be more study into the brain and how it works. And we're lucky on that front as well because the European Union just announced nearly $2 billion toward mapping the human brain.