Google Finally Getting Their Android Text Messaging Sh!t Together

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
I love Android but I love iMessage and Game Pigeon.

I have two phone lines - my main is an S8+ on Verizon and a iPhone 6s on cricket for texting

Android needs to really bridge the gap.

who killin it?

the fakes get exposed
Daps
iMessage gang been eating on Mac for like 6 years

if google gets this right I might consider a google phone tho :jbhmm:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackinā€™
Supporter
Daps
Google shouldā€™ve created a premium, tightly controlled Android OS with an iMessage type text appp strictly for its phones (pixel, nexus, whatever) and only its phones. They couldā€™ve then created an parallel ā€œpublic consumptionā€ OS with fewer features for all of the various manufacturers. They shouldā€™ve built up thier phone as a serious competitor to iPhone...I would probably be on one now if they did that...

GoldenGlove

šŸ˜šŸ˜‘šŸ˜¶šŸ˜‘šŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Google shouldā€™ve created a premium, tightly controlled Android OS with an iMessage type text appp strictly for its phones (pixel, nexus, whatever) and only its phones. They couldā€™ve then created an parallel ā€œpublic consumptionā€ OS with fewer features for all of the various manufacturers. They shouldā€™ve built up thier phone as a serious competitor to iPhone...I would probably be on one now if they did that...
Good post, but wtf is going on with your username
:dwillhuh:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Started using this. Google should've made this a long time ago.

I like it so far. especially with the Web browser integration

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They explain why this is against the purpose of Android in the video

Have not send out a txt in years everyone I know is on whatsapp

I'm liking it so far, I'm weening myself off of Hangouts, I only have 1 person that I really talk to on there and that's cause we use it like GChat back in the day

:francis:
The idea sounds great but I am fully committed to Hangouts (use it with a Google Voice #) so I can't move onto the updated version of Android Messages without reverting back to my old # that I haven't given out for +8 years.

GoldenGlove

šŸ˜šŸ˜‘šŸ˜¶šŸ˜‘šŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They explain why this is against the purpose of Android in the video

The idea sounds great but I am fully committed to Hangouts (use it with a Google Voice #) so I can't move onto the updated version of Android Messages without reverting back to my old # that I haven't given out for +8 years.
I wish I could do that
:francis: