Google Finally Getting Their Android Text Messaging Sh!t Together

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't mean for work, I mean for cats that typically spend a lot of free time in front of PC but duck text messages from people to appear busy.
Breh... you concerned about something that's pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things

:deadmanny:

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm liking it so far, I'm weening myself off of Hangouts, I only have 1 person that I really talk to on there and that's cause we use it like GChat back in the day

:francis:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Android is too splintered with hardware manufacturers trying to push their own skinned version of Android. (Samsung, OnePlus, LG, etc..)

Good luck trying to get all users to use this SMS app as their default messaging app.
Don't all Android phones come with Messages on them though?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
With Google's official messages app? No?

That would be a pretty big antitrust lawsuit waiting to happen.
:dwillhuh:

What I am saying is, all Android phones have a suite of Google standard apps, unless I'm mistaken. They come with Google Maps, Gmail, Calendar, Messenges etc. The manufacturer then puts on their 3rd party apps of the same shyt, so that's why you have bloatware when you get a Samsung, HTC, etc when you buy their phones compared to the Pixel for example.

You have options as to which messaging application will be your default app, so I don't see what you're saying as a factor.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So it’s like aim right? I won’t need a android phone to use this?
It's not like AIM. GChat/Hangouts is like AIM and you don't need an Android Phone to use those.

This is for people that one messaging app for text messages on their phone and other devices.