Google Finally Getting Their Android Text Messaging Sh!t Together

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Not that I'm against anything that will improve the experience, but what's so bad about SMS? I've used Messages for the past year after finally ditching the pre-installed SMS app on my phone. I don't have any problem with it.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
:dwillhuh:

What I am saying is, all Android phones have a suite of Google standard apps, unless I'm mistaken. They come with Google Maps, Gmail, Calendar, Messenges etc. The manufacturer then puts on their 3rd party apps of the same shyt, so that's why you have bloatware when you get a Samsung, HTC, etc when you buy their phones compared to the Pixel for example.

You have options as to which messaging application will be your default app, so I don't see what you're saying as a factor.
I haven't seen Google's messages app included in their suite of products.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Telegram is pretty much all I use these days.

But glad to see Google FINALLY fix a major android problem

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I can already text through PushBullet. Whats so new about this?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
This is great and bad at the same time. Great because you can text WAY faster on a keyboard but bad because you don't want to give the impression that you sitting around with lots of idle time for people.

But who's that in your profile pic, though?

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Not that I'm against anything that will improve the experience, but what's so bad about SMS? I've used Messages for the past year after finally ditching the pre-installed SMS app on my phone. I don't have any problem with it.

A lot. It relies on the carriers signal to send messages. There's a character limit and when that limit is reached the message has to be sent in multiple messages or an MMS. Speaking of MMS, it's horrible too. You can't send large files without degrading quality to unwatchable levels and again it requires a cellular signal.

Simply put, SMS/MMS is archaic and needs to be replaced fast.

Daps
:pacspit: a android. I recently left them cause they couldn't get their shyt together. Something tells me they'll fukkk this up somehow

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
this caught my attention when i read about it a few weeks back

Google should've been did something to put out a proper imessage competitor