Google Chromebook Appreciation Thread

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure a lot of new people got Chromebooks in the last year. How are yall liking it?

Me, I'm +8 years into using Chromebooks, so I know what to expect for the most part. My latest is a top-of-the-line HP x360 with unnecessary bells and whistles like 128GB storage and a fingerprint scanner. I got it as a free upgrade after HP screwed up the repair process while it was under warranty. :stopitslime:

They gave me a $500 credit to splurge and I had to fork out $80 out of pocket after taxes. Overall tho, anyone getting something new can probably make do with spending $300 or less depending on sales if need be

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Man most of the play store apps can't even be downloaded on this shyt, what a scam should have just gotten a cheap windows :scust:

It really depends on which Chromebook you get. My son's Chromebook is ass and he constantly complains about not being able to download games because most of them are mobile only :francis:

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are you looking to do? If/when you are good at Linux, you can usually find the desktop version of software which can be a good workaround
Nothing critical just surprised that there is compatibility issues with some andriod apps and Chromebooks that was the initial appeal for me i'd expect a clear substitute for the lack of software that can be downloaded on chromeOS. I attempted to download the slack app but it's incompatible, heck even tinder (:mjlit:) isn't able to be downloaded

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ahh yeah it's definitely a crapshoot with the App Store. If you're familiar w/ Linux here's the link to download Slack

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The 2-in-1 form factor is very underrated. If I know I'm about to read every page of a Coli thread or browse reddit comments, I turn my Chromebook into a tablet and lay back on the couch, taking advantage of the vertical screen holding more content. :banderas:

Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Daps
The 2-in-1 form factor is very underrated. If I know I'm about to read every page of a Coli thread or browse reddit comments, I turn my Chromebook into a tablet and lay back on the couch, taking advantage of the vertical screen holding more content. :banderas:
I had one and felt it's trash, sold it for 100 dollars...

Wouldn't buy one again honestly

And plenty of 2 in 1's out there for Windows.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Makes sense

On another note, I still use my Chromebook daily but I wiped it and run Linux. I'm going to use chromebooks until I die at this rate, but Google just spies on you for everything so I've been moving away from their ecosphere slowly

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
These shyts only cool if you just browse the web…besides that these are ass

👼
😇
raw

You can run ChromeOS, Android App Store and Linux out the box, or if you're tech savvy, you can follow documentation to install Windows/MacOS.