Google Chromebook Appreciation Thread

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Can you install ChromeOS on a Windows laptop?

The official Chromes OS nah, but you can use alternatives that work just like ChromeOS:

CloudReady Home Edition Free Download — Neverware
CloudReady+Horizontal+Logo+%281%29.png

Cloudready is basically ChromeOS without the Googleplay store. It works as a glorified netbook that so happens to run Linux, but is too bare bones if you want a Chromebook experience.

PrimeOS
PrimeOS-is-another-Android-x86-fork-for-older-PCs.png

Prime OS is probably your best bet since it's close to the ChromeOS experience. The only issue with the OS is that it's buggy as hell due to the fact that it's in alpha. But I put it on my Son's laptop and did some testing on it, it's simply the best bet for a ChromeOS experience.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
For Art:

For Photography:

But folks keep on shytting on Chromebooks like Google not out here making affordable Apple alternatives:francis:

Come on breh. I'm believe Apple makes overpriced electronics but people who actually need a Macbook are not going to be able to do the same thing with a Chromebook. Show me a Chromebook that is running 2-3 VMs. For the average person, I agree a Chromebook is all they truly need. I want one myself and will probably sale my Surface and buy a Pixel Book Go. But I do not expect it to replace my Macbook no matter how much I want it to.