"Good Times" was downright ridiculous at times

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I catch it on TV One at times and it's crazy how much different you see things as you get older.

I get it. It's a sitcom and we're expected to suspend belief, but a lot of it's content was mindboggling.

- Florida held that family back from the start, especially with all of her self-righteousness

- Why was JJ sleeping on a couch bed with his teenage brother while he was well into his 20s? He always kept a job and a roster of women. Made no sense. He should have bounced a long time ago, back when James was alive.

- Willona having "the kids" leave the room whenever she had a guest. bytch, go to your own apartment.

Last, but not least: Bookman's fat ass always threatening to evict them. Since when did the building Super of all people have that kind of authority? Where they do dat at?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I disagree on jj should have bounced. Dude worked at the rib shack, movie theater, etc. Not enough to sustain an apartment. Plus he was way too immature. He had a good opportunity moving in with Thelmas art teacher though before he had that stable job at that firm

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I disagree on jj should have bounced. Dude worked at the rib shack, movie theater, etc. Not enough to sustain an apartment. Plus he was way too immature. He had a good opportunity moving in with Thelmas art teacher though before he had that stable job at that firm
Plus he couldn’t read or write.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Like the aforementioned posters said JJ was a late bloomer even his 20's he wasn't ready yet to be out on his.

Florida wasn't really self righteous she just didn't believe in taking shortcuts or commiting questionable behavior. It kept the kids out of trouble.

I co-sign Wilona that was annoying.

A supers are the foot soldiers of landlords. They can collect rent and post eviction notices even they don't have the power to do so themselves.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Only thing good about good times was Thelma fine ass:wow_hmm:

The only thing? :dahell:

7fe3505bef3e8ccae7e477ce3120ee275c76e1c.gif

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
The only thing? :dahell:

7fe3505bef3e8ccae7e477ce3120ee275c76e1c.gif

I understand it’s history and what that show did for black entertainment at that time but that’s about the only compliment I can give it.

I’d rather watch the jeffersons or 227 than that ish :martin:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I understand it’s history and what that show did for black entertainment at that time but that’s about the only compliment I can give it.

I’d rather watch the jeffersons or 227 than that ish :martin:
full

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota

If James could afford a place so could JJ. Heck James probably wasn't making that much money either. Plus JJ could always sell his art. No reason he wasn't caking. JJ had no clue how to hustle with all that talent.