Good games that never clicked with you

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
all this witcher 3 and persona blasphemy :hhh::hhh::picard: u nikkas man,, game was so good beat in less than a month dlc included.But kingdom hearts i agree it feels outdated to me cant do it......:hubie:

I thought the concept was interesting, I thought 2 had so much potential and the way yall kept raving about it I thought I would at least finish it, but just like 2 the gameplay is trash to me, and for an open world game I want some character customization.. after playing skyrim and fallout and dragon age I expect open world rpg to let me be me. that and the combat made me just not care about the story. Also they force you to do stupid side quest and level up just to progress the story almost immediately.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
naw im all about fighting games

you tell me, what's so great about it

It's pretty much the foundation for all fighting games and set the bar for competitive play. You don't have to worry about losing to button mashing scrubs with no skills and the gameplay doesn't revolve around gimmicks. What fighting games do you consider good and why?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's pretty much the foundation for all fighting games and set the bar for competitive play. You don't have to worry about losing to button mashing scrubs with no skills and the gameplay doesn't revolve around gimmicks. What fighting games do you consider good and why?
the fukk kinda statement is this lol

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the fukk kinda statement is this lol
don't EVER ask a true fight game fan to explain this... they will go into a 15 page dissertation about street fighter 2 turbo and get to breaking down the timing and movement speeds of button combos as compared to the system in virtua fighter 3

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
don't EVER ask a true fight game fan to explain this... they will go into a 15 page dissertation about street fighter 2 turbo and get to breaking down the timing and movement speeds of button combos as compared to the system in virtua fighter 3
im jus saying that if your way of determining the quality of a fighting game is how its designed against button mashers and their use of 'gimmicks' (don't even get me started on FADC :dead:) then its a weak argument. you're not mashing against anyone good at anything...

fighting games dont have gimmicks, they have identity - and in regards to that that specifically, street fighter hasn't been sure of its identity since 3.

i've always just felt street fighter is 'the best' only because of word of mouth, and production consistency that's generally rare in gaming altogether.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
im jus saying that if your way of determining the quality of a fighting game is how its designed against button mashers and their use of 'gimmicks' (don't even get me started on FADC :dead:) then its a weak argument. you're not mashing against anyone good at anything...

fighting games dont have gimmicks, they have identity - and in regards to that that specifically, street fighter hasn't been sure of its identity since 3.

i've always just felt street fighter is 'the best' only because of word of mouth, and production consistency that's generally rare in gaming altogether.

I see this is a pointless conversation

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I see this is a pointless conversation
it is if that's the only thing you focus on in a fighting game :yeshrug: "can i beat scrubs" is empty as hell and gimmick means whatever you want it to mean - whether that's FADC, meter building shenigans, option select fukkery, reversals, etc is all subjective

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Damn breh took it back to late 80's.

I agree after the masterpiece that was Simon's Quest, the 3rd Castlevania game was a letdown.

I don't remember making it far at all.[/QUOTE]

Literally what everyone says who I talk to about it. So why the fukk is it on the SNES classic? Castle 3 was never the culture back then. shyt I'll let even Kirby's dream course slide, since its a fun way to introduce golf to people. But no Turtles in Time? No Mortal Kombat? Smh that's a fukking travesty. C3 and Contra 3 don't belong on that release.