Good Games That Dragged On A Little Too Long...

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Took me 138 hours to platinum Persona 5 Royal, that's with having prior knowledge of Persona 5 Vanilla. Love the game but I will NEVER replay that shyt. :pachaha:

I probably put about 50 hours into DQ11 before I finally gave up, that game drags and honestly is very dated and basic and eventually is flat out not fun to play anymore.
Before Royal I would have said there's no chance in hell I would play it again. I may play Royal someday but if I do I'm not touching mementos. :dead:

Torenko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central
The first two Batman Arkham games. Started out like :gladbron:, but by the end I was like

tenor.gif

Mission after mission, shyt would not end...

And I see I'm not the only one that gave up on Dragon Quest 11. Tried to stick it out, but somtime past
the time skip
I had to accept that, like someone else said, it wasent fun anymore.

Persona 5 was bearable because the visuals, soundtrack and gameplay were all fire.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Before Royal I would have said there's no chance in hell I would play it again. I may play Royal someday but if I do I'm not touching mementos. :dead:

Yeah I was level 90 when I finished this last time and I have max social stats so I wouldn't need to go to Mementos on a replay, I still think it would take like 70+ hours to beat the game without touching Mementos though. :sadcam:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Took me 138 hours to platinum Persona 5 Royal, that's with having prior knowledge of Persona 5 Vanilla. Love the game but I will NEVER replay that shyt. :pachaha:

I probably put about 50 hours into DQ11 before I finally gave up, that game drags and honestly is very dated and basic and eventually is flat out not fun to play anymore.

I mean Dragon Quest games kind of meant to be very traditional. So you either are gonna love it or you won’t. Granted the amount of post game content is actually insane and can be brutal.

I loved the game personally but I could see why others might not feel the same way. Although if you are playing on normal difficulty the game is pretty easy and not much grinding is really needed.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I took 2 or 3 breaks in between playing DQ11 but I had fun the whole way.

I understand someone wanting to stop because you basically have to do every area 3 times. My longest break was right before the final postgame boss, because i wanted to do all the side content before beating it, but eventually I said fukk it and just beat it and never worried about those random sidequests I missed.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I mean Dragon Quest games kind of meant to be very traditional. So you either are gonna love it or you won’t. Granted the amount of post game content is actually insane and can be brutal.

I loved the game personally but I could see why others might not feel the same way. Although if you are playing on normal difficulty the game is pretty easy and not much grinding is really needed.

Don't get me wrong I have played DQ before, it's just 11 is so damn traditional I guess I have grown out of traditional turn based RPGs. Persona is turn based, but it has baton passes, swapping out party members on the fly, weaknesses to exploit, hold ups it's just a way more dynamic battle system than Dragon Quest. Not to mention the social links, confidants, and persona fusion. Dragon Quest 11 feels hella dated in 2020 compared to other JRPGs.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can tell who plays shyt like COD and madden all day:mjlol: TLOU and GOT are not long games at all
:russ: I was thinking the same thing I mainly play RPG and for a story focus open world action adventure game GOT has the right amount length to it where as assassin's creed odyssey now that a game that go on too long.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Gears of war 2
I felt like they should've had the worm be the last level honestly because of the scope of it.

Honorable mention is kingdom hearts 2. That last battle could've been better without the first part, it didn't fit properly at all to me.