Godfrey 'Calls Out' Marvel For Replacing Jonathan Majors With Robert Downey Jr. - CH News

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Majors will be fine if he keeps his nose clean and stays out of trouble.

Majors is a very talented actor and someone in those Hollywood casting circles will eventually spin the block and take a chance on him again.

Guys like Colin Farrell, Rob Lowe, Christian Slater, Hugh Grant, and RDJ himself have all come back from scandals. In my opinion, Majors is more talented than all them. He’ll come back eventually too, but it’s going to take time (probably a few years).

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
How u replaced but it's a whole different character.
Gtfoh.

I definitely don't give a fukk. Buddy wanted them ugly white hoe problems and he got em.

Why would I be mad the wish you had got granted?

All of this. Cuh allowed himself to get Rosewooded by that white woman. I get it, at some point he tried to run away from her but by that time it was a little too late.

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Lakes
These other allegations that came up by other white women and this bytch who he was with prior to Megan is now suing him..

Hollywood and this metoo shyt is being more careful than to cast him now..

Leave these white women alone, especially if u in Hollywood

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This wasn't a racial issue. Majors case is too fresh and Marvel has billions of dollars on the line. Downey took 10 years to bounce back. Will, one of the biggest stars in Hollywood took 2 years. Majors is a major talent, and seemingly from the TMZ piece, if he stays humble can bounce back. He's in his early/mid 30s, and believe it or not having Megan Goode on his arm will help him get back out there.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
james gunn please cast this man as john stewart
Yep, honestly other than some internet chatter no significant number would not go to a movie just because Majors is in it, and the whole media tour is so controlled by the studio that they don't even have to worry about anyone asking some hard question.

Marvel could had stick with him and it wouldn't have affected their numbers.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RDJ was NOT being offered lead roles in summer block busters when he was gon on that Herron :comeon: Nor a year later

Nor 5 years later.. Nobody "forgave him".. he was still looked at as the burnt out actor/loser years after his fukk ups

He was reluctantly cast as iron man after about TEN other actors turned it down, including Tom cruise and Timothy olyphant.. Nobody knew he'd hit a home run with the mf

Comparing what he's doing now versus 30 years ago... to majors fukkin up the bag less than a year ago is ridiculous

Facts

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This.

I don't think anybody really did Majorsore harm than he did himself.

DC should have definitely deaded that Flash nikka but, they didn't. Was it privilege? I don't know. Was it a business decision that may or may not have cost them millions? Yea, most likely.

Robert Downey Jr being cast in this role is the type of fanfiction chaos that people go crazy for.

The Flash movie flopped :mjlol:

Marvel ain't taking that chance

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I read these posts on how he did it to himself messing with a white woman. Just for me to click on new posts to see white girl Wednesday with 2k replies :laff:

I say be with whoever you want. Other people being salty about who others are with is a reflection of them.

Someone could be black and do a lot for the community and be called a c00n because they’re dating someone non-black, and it always be by posters who sit around shytting on black people 24/7

Can’t make it up

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It took less than two years for Will but thats with the caveat that Will Smith is literally one of the biggest movie stars on planet Earth. Its Tom Cruise. Brad Pitt. Leonardo DiCaprio. And Will Smith, and NOT even in that order as Will has bigger box office numbers than any of them save for Cruise.

That PLUS Will struck another black man. The “backlash” was never going to be that much compared to him being in the vicinity of a white woman crying wolf.

With Jonathon its definitely going to take more time. The release of the video will do him well in the long run because its obvious SHE was abusing him. But if your male and if your black and you DON’T have thirty years of box office hits under your belt their going to make several examples out of you. It just sucks he got his nikka wake up call right at the beginning of his run because dude is definitely talented enough to have gone on a Denzel-like run.
Ehhhh that's downplaying how likable Will is as a person as 99.99% of Hollywood wouldn't have been able to come back from what he did and only like a handful black actors if that. He could have easily still be in hiding had he not had the good will and likablity that people still rocked with him like that.

That's the main thing that Majors needs to do to help change his image.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ehhhh that's downplaying how likable Will is as a person as 99.99% of Hollywood wouldn't have been able to come back from what he did and only like a handful black actors if that. He could have easily still be in hiding had he not had the good will and likablity that people still rocked with him like that.

Will’s likability and bankability go hand in hand. That goes without sayinc

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Will’s likability and bankability go hand in hand. That goes without sayinc

Also didn't Will Smith Netflix movie got canceled too???