Godfather Of Harlem TV Series (Bumpy Johnson Story) - (Forest Whitaker/Epix/Trailer)

jackson35

Banned
Daps
That's not true, Breh. As a matter of fact, the FOI is introduced in the series by forcing the mafia out of a Black neighborhood; Malcolm X & Mohammed Ali are portrayed as strong Black men, and the Honorable Elijah Muhammed is portrayed relativey respectfully.
I don't know where you got the idea that the NOI was portrayed as soft.
swhere was the scene... do you remember the part when they rolled up on malcolm and bumpy in the junkie yard.. you think malcolm and the foi would have back down after he threaten him to his face

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bumpy's story can be on any platform.

the poster you quoted is just talking. GoH was turned down by every network and thats how it ended up on EPIX, but that happens all the time. so many times networks vote on broadcasts and sometimes they strike gold and sometimes they miss out. this is one they definitely missed on. so to say it couldnt be on Netflix or HBO is laughable. hopefully this show will help boost EPIX profile. HBO, Showtime, FX all rejected Breaking Bad and thats how it ended up on AMC and look what that did for AMC.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
swhere was the scene... do you remember the part when they rolled up on malcolm and bumpy in the junkie yard.. you think malcolm and the foi would have back down after he threaten him to his face
Maybe I need to rewatch that scene, but I thought that Bumpy, Malcolm, and the FOI made the mob back down.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I guarantee that some breh somewhere is going to try that when the cops come to his house.

Feds are definitely smart to it now because the actual Vincent Gigante did shyt like that to try and shake the law.

I read a Ghostface interview years ago where he talked about taking the 'walking around in a bathrobe' flex during the Pretty Tony era from Gigante, who apparently walked around Greenwich Village in a bathrobe. Same reason he was wearing a bathrobe in the Criminology video, according to Raekwon.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Lmao at Gigante taking a shower with an umbrella when the FBI comes in.
:dwillhuh::dead:
His wife - “oh Hoovahh let youse guyzzz in now? Take awfff ya shoes, I don’t know where you’ve been”
:mjpls:

chin gigante was playing the crazy angle for decades tho. he was like rick ross in never breaking character.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Feds are definitely smart to it now because the actual Vincent Gigante did shyt like that to try and shake the law.

I read a Ghostface interview years ago where he talked about taking the 'walking around in a bathrobe' flex during the Pretty Tony era from Gigante, who apparently walked around Greenwich Village in a bathrobe. Same reason he was wearing a bathrobe in the Criminology video, according to Raekwon.

I seem to recall that Gigante was on the news like that all the time. I definitely remember he was in the tabloid papers a lot

Edit: at 6:00 they talk about the umbrella in the bathtub story

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Words from the man himself. The real Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. was unapologetically Black.

Good looks! Thx for this. And Sheesh, they casted Giancarlo Esposito perfectly for his role - voice inflections, speech pattern and everything.