God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Funny enough, i was reading reviews of TLOUP2 and a lot of people were saying that also in their write ups. That it felt like more TLOU and that the gameplay wasn’t that spectacular. Now look where we are a couple years later, and how people view the gameplay compared to TLOUP1.

Theres been very few game sequels that flipped the entire system around just because, GOW2018 was already an reinvention, anyone expecting another one hasn’t been gaming very long.

People are comparing the massive graphical upgrade Horizon got but people say that game is too much of the same also so im not really sure its even worth engaging with those type of criticisms at this point.

Yeah, its a completely bullshyt criticism. Especially with how people pick and choose when it seemingly matters and when it doesn't. Same with the crossgen argument. How come crossgen didnt hold Elden Ring back?

I'm expecting this to be the general narrative for this game when the reviews come out tomorrow.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I don't get the criticisms either. GOW 1&2 were PS2 games. 2 was released during the PS3 era. With an upscaled collection coming out PS3. GOW 3 was a true next gen upgrade that was only out on PS3.

I expect the same for the reboot.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
after finishing A Plague Tale and watching All Quiet on The Western Front, im legit nervous about how this game is gonna end. People acting really emotional about it and i feel like this is gonna destroy me.

I know Santa Monica Studios ain’t pullin no punches with this game

Haven't played a single second of this game, but I already know there ain't but so many ways this ends, breh. :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I don't get the criticisms either. GOW 1&2 were PS2 games. 2 was released during the PS3 era. With an upscaled collection coming out PS3. GOW 3 was a true next gen upgrade that was only out on PS3.

I expect the same for the reboot.

The criticism would make more sense if this wasn't the second game in the rebooted series lol.

Like it made sense when they docked points off God of War Ascension for being "more of the same". That was like the what, the 5th or 6th title using the same combat.

But I'm pretty sure most people would love "more of the same" with GOW2018.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I dont get how he has so many copies? He rob a fed ex truck

And he’s selling them retail
I don't think so. I believe I've seen him before selling games early. I think he runs a game store near Miami and sells big releases early on Ebay, but I'm not sure.

I think he's just breaking street date.
Stolen from era :manny:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The criticism would make more sense if this wasn't the second game in the rebooted series lol.

Like it made sense when they docked points off God of War Ascension for being "more of the same". That was like the what, the 5th or 6th title using the same combat.

But I'm pretty sure most people would love "more of the same" with GOW2018.

Sometimes, I wonder if the disconnect between developers and "more of the same" criticism is really just due to people replaying games too close to the new games.

Every time a sequel comes out, there's a wave of media types replaying the old game for content, or putting out "*insert title* Revisited" videos that require extensive playthroughs. The developers are looking at it from the viewpoint of the previous game having been release almost half a decade ago, and could use some familiar elements to get people back in the groove before going in with the new shyt. Just two different points of view.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sometimes, I wonder if the disconnect between developers and "more of the same" criticism is really just due to people replaying games too close to the new games.

Every time a sequel comes out, there's a wave of media types replaying the old game for content, or putting out "*insert title* Revisited" videos that require extensive playthroughs. The developers are looking at it from the viewpoint of the previous game having been release almost half a decade ago, and could use some familiar elements to get people back in the groove before going in with the new shyt. Just two different points of view.

Thats exactly why i don’t replay games or rewatch shows before the next season or sequel drops. No matter what you can only play so much of one game before you burn out on it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats exactly why i don’t replay games or rewatch shows before the next season or sequel drops. No matter what you can only play so much of one game before you burn out on it.

Yep, last time I played the game was back in 2020. Firing it up for the first time is gonna be great.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

I dont think revamping core gameplay mechanics is something developers are concerned about in the second game of a series. Instead the second game is usually when they take inventory, and they double down on the things that worked in the first game, while removing the things that didn't. Their main concern is going to be moving the story forward before reinventing the wheel again.

I think journalism in gaming is just trash and full of idiots.