God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My only complaint of the first was the ogre being reskinned and re-used in places where I expected an original boss, the bosses we did get were dope, but yeah not enough of them

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Daps
Well I can't assure you it'll be different :patrice:
Microsoft Is Snapping Up ‘God Of War’ Developers To Work On Xbox Exclusives

You did realize that would take longer to create if they could have added all that :snoop:

But don't worry about, the initiative got you covered :hhh:
Yes it would take longer to create but that's because they were very limited due to the PS4's hardware so they CUT stuff out
They most likely had a second team working on Ragnarok right around the time GOW released
I believe Eric Williams is directing it and Cory is overseeing it
If that's the case that would give them 3.5 years if it releases in Dec 2021
The PS5's far superior specs will allow SM to make more boss fights, bigger areas, more things on screen, etc.
If they were to develop for both the PS4 and PS5, they would once again be limited by the PS4's specs and it would still take 18+ months to make one boss
You really think Santa Monica is going through that again?
The only way for Santa Monica to make the Ragnarok want is by developing exclusively for the PS5
Even the cancelled DLC was too ambitious for the PS4

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Yes it would take longer to create but that's because they were very limited due to the PS4's hardware so they CUT stuff out
They most likely had a second team working on Ragnarok right around the time GOW released
I believe Eric Williams is directing it and Cory is overseeing it
If that's the case that would give them 3.5 years if it releases in Dec 2021
The PS5's far superior specs will allow SM to make more boss fights, bigger areas, more things on screen, etc.
If they were to develop for both the PS4 and PS5, they would once again be limited by the PS4's specs and it would still take 18+ months to make one boss
You really think Santa Monica is going through that again?

The only way for Santa Monica to make the Ragnarok want is by developing exclusively for the PS5
Even the cancelled DLC was too ambitious for the PS4
So to make a boss fight work on ps4 it would take 18+ months for one boss fight?

Where you getting this from bruh, your understanding of game development appears flawed :jbhmm:but maybe I didn't know something. it's rare, but it happens every now and again. Now could you educate me on where you got this from or is this logic a homebrew?

Daps
So to make a boss fight work on ps4 it would take 18+ months for one boss fight?

Where you getting this from bruh, your understanding of game development appears flawed :jbhmm:but maybe I didn't know something. it's rare, but it happens every now and again. Now could you educate me on where you got this from or is this logic a homebrew?
I provided a link a while ago
In the first game, one boss took at least 18 months to develop for and the game was too ambitious for the PS4 so they cut out a bunch of stuff
Even the DLC Cory was working on became too ambitious and they cancelled it
That tells me Ragnarok, which will have multiple large boss fights, will most likely be PS5 exclusive

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I provided a link a while ago
In the first game, one boss took at least 18 months to develop for and the game was too ambitious for the PS4 so they cut out a bunch of stuff
Even the DLC Cory was working on became too ambitious and they cancelled it
That tells me Ragnarok, which will have multiple large boss fights, will most likely be PS5 exclusive
You're not explaining how more content equals quicker turnover :dwillhuh:

Daps
You're not explaining how more content equals quicker turnover :dwillhuh:
:snoop:
My point was if it took that long to make one boss on the PS4 for SM, why would they want to go through that again by developing for the PS4/PS5?
The same boss wouldn't take 18 months and more than 30 people on the PS5
The vision of the game far exceeded what the PS4 was capable of doing
Ragnarok will have lot more boss fights than GOW and will be a more ambitious game
W/ the PS5's power, creating a lot more bosses and increasing the scope of the game should be a lot easier because of the increased power
They wouldn't be able to create a lot of bosses including Thor and Odin w/ the PS4's hardware in a timely manner
This is why I believe Ragnarok is PS5 exclusive

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
:snoop:
My point was if it took that long to make one boss on the PS4 for SM, why would they want to go through that again by developing for the PS4/PS5?
The same boss wouldn't take 18 months and more than 30 people on the PS5
The vision of the game far exceeded what the PS4 was capable of doing
Ragnarok will have lot more boss fights than GOW and will be a more ambitious game
W/ the PS5's power, creating a lot more bosses and increasing the scope of the game should be a lot easier because of the increased power
They wouldn't be able to create a lot of bosses including Thor and Odin w/ the PS4's hardware in a timely manner
This is why I believe Ragnarok is PS5 exclusive
Well the more content the more time it'll take regardless of hardware, and everything is scaleable so your thought process of ps5 making games that would be impossible on ps4 is comical. I had street fighter 2 on my snes, anything's possible :ufdup:

Daps
Well the more content the more time it'll take regardless of hardware, and everything is scaleable so your thought process of ps5 making games that would be impossible on ps4 is comical. I had street fighter 2 on my snes, anything's possible :ufdup:
The PS5 will make it easier for SM to make the amount of bosses and content they want
instead of struggling for 18 months to make ONE boss
you just want it to be cross gen for your dumb ass fanboy wars :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
The PS5 will make it easier for SM to make the amount of bosses and content they want
instead of struggling for 18 months to make ONE boss
you just want it to be cross gen for your dumb ass fanboy wars :mjlol:
So you think they took 18 months dumbing down a boss battle and if they had better hardware they'd have finished multiple boss battles in the same time period?

Again, your logic sounds incredibility flawed so again I ask you to provide receipts or it didn't happen.

Daps
So you think they took 18 months dumbing down a boss battle and if they had better hardware they'd have finished multiple boss battles in the same time period?

Again, your logic sounds incredibility flawed so again I ask you to provide receipts or it didn't happen.
Edit:
God of War “Was A Much More Ambitious, Crazier Game” – Barlog
From the article-
Barlog noted that there were meant to be “so many more” bosses from the outset. The game itself was a lot more ambitious as well. “We cut a lot of bosses. A lot. We had so many more. It was a much more ambitious, crazier game. And as you go through development, you start realizing, ‘No, it’s too big, we can’t do this.'”

One single boss required a team of 30 developers working for about 18 months, so cutting the total number was necessary to meet deadlines. “One boss takes like 30 developers a year and a half,” Barlog said. “It’s an absolutely massive scale when you really consider it, and you measure it against other games in which we finished the game in a year and a half.”

That’s not taking into account the fact that the team working on the bosses had other things to do in the development process. “It became a reality that some of these things will have to be cut,” said Barlog. One other interesting detail is how the Trolls were never meant to be boss fights from the outset.

Santa Monica's vision was and is still too ambitious for the PS4 :yeshrug:

Daps
Nothing in there says it that same boss was made on ps5 powered hardware then it wouldn't have taken as long.
It is highly likely Ragnarok will have MULTIPLE huge boss fights
It took them forever to make one on the PS4 yet we are getting Ragnarok in 2021
That tells me they decided to develop exclusively for the PS5 because if the PS4 is included no way they make that 2021 date IMO with a game that will have at least a handful of boss fights on a large scale

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It is highly likely Ragnarok will have MULTIPLE huge boss fights
It took them forever to make one on the PS4 yet we are getting Ragnarok in 2021
That tells me they decided to develop exclusively for the PS5 because if the PS4 is included no way they make that 2021 date IMO with a game that will have at least a handful of boss fights on a large scale
If I'm wrong then they wasted a GOW title's potential :yeshrug:
None of the shyt you think matters, matters. The game regardless of state will get your blessings but don't expect Xbox to not have it's own new ip that will push the genre further. I need a ryse 2 in my life but I doubt that'll happen :to:

Daps
None of the shyt you think matters, matters. The game regardless of state will get your blessings but don't expect Xbox to not have it's own new ip that will push the genre further. I need a ryse 2 in my life but I doubt that'll happen :to:
It's reasonable to assume the same boss would take less time on the PS5 because the PS5 has more power, higher speeds, and less bottlenecks :umad: