God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don’t know. May be one of those things they never specified and people assumed.

:yeshrug:

The announcement trailer was specifically labeled PS5, so that would lead people to initially believe that it wasn’t coming to PS4.

That’s why I had the :dwillhuh: when I found out yesterday about it.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The announcement trailer was specifically labeled PS5, so that would lead people to initially believe that it wasn’t coming to PS4.

That’s why I had the :dwillhuh: when I found out yesterday about it.

yea Sony has definitely been very shrewd about this whole thing.

I’d appreciate more openness but I also don’t really care that these games are coming on PS4. I’m ready to be done with it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
yea Sony has definitely been very shrewd about this whole thing.

I’d appreciate more openness but I also don’t really care that these games are coming on PS4. I’m ready to be done with it.

It doesn’t particularly bother me, but I can see why it would for other people. Especially since XBOX would have gotten immense heat if they pulled off the same shyt.

That pre-order email they sent the other week was a waste as well seeing as pre-order links randomly dropped everywhere last night.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Only way this game comes out next year is if it is a cross-gen game. I'm ok with that but I wish it wasn't. Kratos needs to shine in all his glory. I don't think Cory Balrog has a choice in the matter though.

I think so too.

We shytted on Halo Infinite for looking buns and blamed it on being backwards compatible with the X1, but if that shyt had looked great, like most expected with the target XSX footage and gameplay, they would not have gotten shytted on and been cool.

You can't say that for all the PS5 captured footage and gameplay from yesterday. NOTHING looked as :huhldup: as Halo Infinite. Say what you want about Sony, but they ain't releasing no garbage ass footage of their premier titles for promotion. I still don't understand how Phil and Xbox thought that shyt looked okay. And putting some of those :flabbynsick: still captures on their website too for promotion like it was the hotness. :snoop:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think so too.

We shytted on Halo Infinite for looking buns and blamed it on being backwards compatible with the X1, but if that shyt had looked great, like most expected with the target XSX footage and gameplay, they would not have gotten shytted on and been cool.

You can't say that for all the PS5 captured footage and gameplay from yesterday. NOTHING looked as :huhldup: as Halo Infinite. Say what you want about Sony, but they ain't releasing no garbage ass footage of their premier titles for promotion. I still don't understand how Phil and Xbox thought that shyt looked okay. And putting some of those :flabbynsick: still captures on their website too for promotion like it was the hotness. :snoop:
Basically. Horizon from the footage we saw looked incredible. I was like no way this is PS5 but if they somehow are able to make a version on PS5 look way better while still being able to make a PS4 version just much uglier than shyt I can't imagine a full PS5 exclusive.

Daps
I was reading the Ragnarok prophecy on the God of War wiki (regret it now) and Ragnarok is going to be a ridiculous sequel

If they can jam pack all the things that are prophesized to go down in the next game along w/
1) twists and turns that go against the prophecies
2) having small flashback segments showing what happened during the 3 years leading up to Ragnarok as well as how Kratos got to Asgard (unnecessary but would add a nice wrinkle to the game)

this might be the GOAT GOW game, GOTY, and potential game of the generation
This game on the PS5's SSD w/ ray tracing and Sony Santa Monica's technical genius is going to be :banderas:
The fact they have it ready for next year demonstrates how gifted they are as developers

Cory is a huge fan of Neil and GOW basically copied the TLOU formula in a good way
I expect GOW Ragnarok to follow TLOU2 in terms of intensity with a roller coaster pace
Death, destruction, and ultra violence just like TLOU2 which felt like an interactive revenge film
GOW Ragnarok will be GOTY

Daps
if theres a bundle for this i think thats when ill jump
:mjlol:
if COVID continues to fukk things up going into 2021 (likely), production levels will be decimated and Sony will struggle to keep up with demand throughout all of 2021
When Ragnarok comes out, especially if it lives up to the hype and/or surpasses it, good luck finding a PS5
I preordered a PS5 for security
In these COVID times the PS5 constantly selling out instantly throughout all of 2021, especially with the release of each AAA game, seems likely

Daps
I think so too.

At least MM and Horizon look incredible
They both look next gen
However, Ragnarok better not be cross gen, especially if its coming late 2021
Imagine the glory of the events of Ragnarok being held back by the PS4 :hhh:

I would be mad as hell if they pull cross gen w/ Ragnarok

Daps
Apparently during the last game's 5 year development it took 3 years to create the engine and only 2 years to make the game :ehh:
The fact Santa Monica can make a game of that caliber that quickly is impressive
That means Santa Monica will have at least 3 years to make Ragnarok
Assuming it releases December 2021, that gives them about 3.5 years since GOW
I'm sure Sony gave Santa Monica PS5 dev kits as early as possible to take advantage of the hardware and begin working on the game probably right after the first game released
The only downside is Santa Monica might not be able to fully to take advantage of the Oodle texture compression technology that boosts the PS5's speeds IO/SSD speeds to 17.38 GB/s :picard:
If it were delayed to late 2022 that would give them 2 years to learn and take advantage
But given the fact they made the last game in only two years 1 year might be all they need :banderas:
I expect Ragnaork to look like this or better with that end sequence being standard

If it's cross gen :francis:

Last edited: