God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got to Vanaheim with Freya. So far the graphics and bosses are very good but it feels even more on rails than the first one. It's basically a very good movie game so far

I think Open world games just rotted nikkas brains to the point they forgot non-open world/linear games have clear levels and narrative beats you have to go through and there’s usually an order to them.

With that said, how anyone would call this game “on rails” is beyond me. You can complete a bunch on side content, explore realms and walk into combat encounters at your own discretion and the dialog will adjust contextually. Gameplay wise, the combat offers a crazy level of freedom and tools that you can string together to pull some crazy shyt - it’s accessible if you’re trash and the type to just mash R1 and R2 but it also offers complexity for people willing to use parries, status effects, momentum building, “bullet time” (realm shifts), weapon switching and elemental reactions (some weapons abilities deal more damage to frozen/burn enemies, support abilities from your companions etc. And that’s even without mentioning the builds you can spec into with your armor and stuff

How the fukk is this game “on rails”? Just because it isn’t Open World? What the fukk?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fh9fVLUWYAIc5Vl

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a spoiler, never click it :gucci:

I already said I'm in Vanaheim and even specified opening up the map more so you already have to know which part of the game I'm at at the very least. Come on breh, this is shyt you complaining for complaining sake.

Breh, I'm not the only one. We already warned and said about the spoiler rules on the release day.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finished all the Crucible Challenges and got the trophy for it. :blessed:

Now it's time for me to do the main missions.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I’m almost 18 hours in and just left Vanaheim, which apparently is not even halfway through the game. :gucci:

I’m about to say fukk the side quests and just finish the story cause god damn I’m not tryna be playing this for the next 2 months.:heh::dahell: