God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Got another hour in.

I damn near dropped the controller when Kratos comes to scoop up Atreus, gets into it with some Hel Raiders, and they just drop a fukking Valkyrie fight on your head out of nowhere.

Brok tagging along mostly to see what's good with some of his old work is hilarious, though.

He heard his old bytch got a new body had had to see whats good out here :myman:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Absolutely not, TC Carson IS the voice of Kratos, I still haven't taken to Christopher yet
Nah TC fit that version of the character. Angry, Bombastic, Vengeful, Arrogant etc.

Let that one be.
Judge is a far superior actor imo. Brings a range of emotions to role while simultaneously maintain that angry god persona.
TC was very saturday morning cartoon villian angry in his approach. almost amatuer by comparison.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Judge is a far superior actor imo. Brings a range of emotions to role while simultaneously maintain that angry god persona.
TC was very saturday morning cartoon villian angry in his approach. almost amatuer by comparison.

Its hard to separate the performances in the original trilogy from the very early 2000’s edgy writing.

It’d be interesting to see what TC Carson would sound like in the Norse saga and how Chris Judge would sound in the original

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I mean that was what they were aiming for tho. The OG creator was an edge lord.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its hard to separate the performances in the original trilogy from the very early 2000’s edgy writing.

It’d be interesting to see what TC Carson would sound like in the Norse saga and how Chris Judge would sound in the original

Yeah, it's a little unfair to compare the two.

Saying that TC Carson's depiction lacks range is completely valid, but it's more a product of the writing, and what was asked of him. As much as I enjoyed the original trilogy, Kratos is an incredibly one note character. Christopher Judge is given so much more character to portray. The character's so different that they felt they needed to recast.

Now, what would've been nice is if there were flashback sections in the new games with TC as the voice actor. I haven't finished Ragnarok, so I'm assuming that doesn't happen.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
NGL I still feel like the greek bosses were bigger scale and grandiose in presentation and execution, I felt like I was fighting legit GODS

Odin, thor, valkyries etc felt like mini greek bosses
Yeah they were more like Hercules and Helios not to much Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. I still thought the fights were amazing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I will always say the Norse mythology of God of War feels more like Sopranos, and the original stuck kind of close to other stories in Greek mythology.

The Aesir gods feel more like the mob than a pantheon of omnipresent all-powerful beings. Especially the way they are mad dysfunctional and kind of bully everyone else around and make their lives hell…

the fact that Odins main goal wasn’t really world domination or anything really sinister but more about having his own existential crisis kind of plays into that. He wasn’t evil for the sake of being evil he was just so narcissistic and wrapped up in his own world that nothing else really mattered to him. Like Tony Soprano, everything was about him

You don’t really fight the gods because you are trying to stop them you are more or less fighting them because they are interfering with your livelihood in the realm and vice versa. Odin doesn’t really care about Kratos or Atreus, he more or less just wants them to mind their business while they continue being scumbags. Thats why he comes in and makes that god father like offer in the beginning. The Aesir gods are so used to everyone just bowing down to them, so its was just inevitable when Kratos ‘god killer’ arrived and didn’t ignore baldurs bullshyt they were eventually gonna butt heads

Last edited: