God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brother and Sister scene in Vanaheim got me :mjcry: .Whatever a person said "I Promise" in any movies, video games, you know that won't end well.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Finally got to meet this librarian mentioned so much in this thread

She caught me lacking when leaving originally because I had a sliver of health from the mob before, but after that restart from checkpoint?

Take a look...it's in a book....feel this pain hooooo :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the real credit roll song after that funeral scene is some real fukking shyt. Game should get an award for that entire scene alone, the actor that plays Sindri kilt that shyt. Then the last words of the mainline game being the riddle from Brok finally being solved by Mimir with that fade to black???? fukkING MASTERFUL! :banderas:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Lol for real I've only put in about 4 hours or so in? Still in Svartalfheim or however the fukk you spell it.

I'll put some more time in this week but these games are slow burns for me. I can't just sit and put in hours and hours in one day.
4 hours :scust:

That's it :scust:

Breh it's highly likely I forgot to feed my kids Friday and all you can put in is 4 hours :scust:

Just trade in your PS5 for something else :scust:

What are you even doing in the Arcadium :scust:

I done spent 4 hours just upgrading my gear and figuring out do I have everything I need to do the next favor :scust:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Hraesvelgr watching over Helheim from afar after Garm ripped open six realm tears like
full

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've put about 22 hours into this so far.

Pros

Graphics are stunning

Voice acting and animation is top notch

Story is really good(one of the better stories I've ever played in a game. Being a dad to a son this shyt hits me right in the feels all the time).

No bugs or glitches at all.

Cons

Traversing the world is ass bruh. So much more difficult than it needs to be.

The combat is still 'meh' to me. It isn't bad, but it doesn't leave me craving to play it over and over like the original God of Wars did. If you love it though I aint gonna hold you everyone has their preferences.

I kinda just want to put this on story mode to finish the story though so I can get back to Elden Ring. This shyt just don't hit as hard as Elden Ring do. Elden Ring is the clear game of the year IMO. This is definitely the best game Sony has put out this generation though, much better than that Horizon bullshyt.

Elden Ring got worse in the late game, God of War gets better.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How so? I'm still playing Elden Ring bruh. Lol

I won’t ruin it for you then and i don’t wanna derail this thread with elden ring vs GoW debates, but i felt like these games had the opposite pacing issues. Where ragnarok really starts out slow and slowly ramps up into something very spectacular and elden starts out where everything feels fascinating and fun and after a while it tapers off, while still being a lot of game left.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Loving it so far but im legit disappointed with the combat. The yo-yos of chaos feel terrible and the fact they took away my go to move (R2 axe cleave) for that dumb spinning ax impale throw and made the ax cleave a stun attack :gucci: decapitations dont even move me like this time around. The stance chabge attacks also feel nerfed to fukking hell. Spear is the only saving grace smh

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Tre Lok and Angr little adventure was dope, especially the Hansel/Gretel type fight
Hope she’s in this more but after looking up her involvement in actual mythology :francis:
Freya was getting on my gotdamn nerves during that boss battle:pacspit:
Barking orders while I’m trying to concentrate dodging them gotdamn Frost Attacks:pacspit:
I like how the storytelling is going
Kratos actually opening up made that bytch simmer down
My nikka has been through literal hell multiple times, beat his father to a pulp and murked his own brother
And continually beats himself up for the atrocity that happened to his wife and daughter
None of these muthafukkas know about his pain
Kinda of tired of Lok whining but if he knew why Kratos is so adamant about his safety:mjcry:
This is how you write a story Neil Druckman:martin: