God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kills me when people say "this is marvel writing"/"this isn't GOW anymore"

Kratos is travelling with a teenage boy and a know-it-all head. The guy is still stoic as ever pretty much just grunting or responding to everything in a dry cutthroat manner. Mimir - and at times Atreus - provide moments of levity often at the expense of Kratos. It isn't as if the guy is kekekekeing along with them.

Like what the hell does "this isn't GOW anymore" even mean? This series up until the 2018 re-invention had some comical writing. The protagonist - as iconic as he is - was a cartoonish ball of rage just screaming and mad 100% of the time "ZEUS I WILL KILL YOU!! AGHHHH" "OLYMPUS SHALL FALL!! AGHH":laff:
is he supposed to just walk around scowling and screaming "ODIN I SHALL HAVE YOUR HEAD!!! AGHHH" for no reason too - and his travelling companions - supposed to just be quiet and terrified for it to feel like GOW? Keep in mind that he still scowls often enough despite being a supposed wiser mellowed down version of himself.

"marvel writing" is starting to feel like cheap criticism. I see it thrown at everything these days

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They really should've made it so you can fast travel to any gateway from the menu. At least not during a story quest, if that breaks anything. Super annoying when you gotta back track.

They need instant gate ways that just pop up wherever you are and they need a item locator or question marks on the map. Idk how im supposed to just find all this shyt

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
They need instant gate ways that just pop up wherever you are and they need a item locator or question marks on the map. Idk how im supposed to just find all this shyt

Yeah getting the collectibles for the platinum trophy is going to be a bytch.

I'm just focused on the post game bosses until then.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So today I decided to take a break from the main story (finished The Reunion yesterday) and I gotta say I finally found something to truly complain about....free roaming in this game is just as annoying as in the first one. They haven't fixed fast travel and trying to get some Nornir chests and Legendary chests in Svartalfheim was a pain in the ass. Having to traverse the mines and secret passages and constantly having a hard time back tracking/getting lost :francis: having to find a gateway to only then fast travel makes little sense to me.

They could've at least made the maps more helpful if they weren't going to do anything with fast travel. Areas are too vast and with so many stuff that just leaving you to wonder ain't as fun when you are just looking for 1 single thing after already experiencing the area for the first time in the main story :yeshrug:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hey coli brehs. Is there bug in Western Barri Woods? cause I can't open the chest in this area and it won't let me open it...is it bug or what?

FhpQbQEWQAEPlFj

Edited: Never mind, you have to defend Wisp enemies first before you open this chest.

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I've put about 22 hours into this so far.

Pros

Graphics are stunning

Voice acting and animation is top notch

Story is really good(one of the better stories I've ever played in a game. Being a dad to a son this shyt hits me right in the feels all the time).

No bugs or glitches at all.

Cons

Traversing the world is ass bruh. So much more difficult than it needs to be.

The combat is still 'meh' to me. It isn't bad, but it doesn't leave me craving to play it over and over like the original God of Wars did. If you love it though I aint gonna hold you everyone has their preferences.

I kinda just want to put this on story mode to finish the story though so I can get back to Elden Ring. This shyt just don't hit as hard as Elden Ring do. Elden Ring is the clear game of the year IMO. This is definitely the best game Sony has put out this generation though, much better than that Horizon bullshyt.