God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They charging you a $10 premium for Rumble Pro and faster load times:scust:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
what's the point of the ps5 technology if games are being fukked by the ps4?
the point is to have the graphics AND gameplay elevated

It’s not like they really have any other choice in the matter since there will still be PS5 issues for the foreseeable future.

Cross gen at this point is a financially motivated decision nothing more. I’m surprised that people still haven’t realized that yet.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yet the OVERWHELMING majority of sales are on the PS5 for cross gen. gameplay, even if it starts on PS5 first, will have boundaries for the PS4 :snoop:
Best they can do is have the PS5 version run everything better, while the PS4 version's scenes are severely diminished in terms of scope, what's going on, etc.
We saw some of this w/ Horizon 2 where some parts looked like they could not run on PS4 (and probably can't)
I hope :francis:

Yeah, but why sell just five million copies when you could sell eight? This isn't about just chasing sales on the newest console. This is also about them doing slow/late adopters a solid and giving them something new to play while they either keep trying to get a PS5, or wait out whatever arbitrary timeline they've set to be ready to buy.

But the real deal here is that as far as I remember, nobody ever said this was a PS5 title. People just assumed it was, and ran with it.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not just about graphics :snoop:
We want gameplay being taking to another level too
The CPUs and speeds of these new consoles is so much better than the weak ass ps4
That's why I looked forward to Ragnarok the most, because of the possibilities for gameplay if it were PS5 only
Yeah well Sony is a business not a charity. There over 100m PS4’s out there compared to about 15m PS5s by the time God of war is released. Makes financial sense to release it on both consoles, especially if the graphics won’t take a hit.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Did anyone think it was really coming this year ? :mjlol:

tenor.gif

Daps
Yeah, but why sell just five million copies when you could sell eight? This isn't about just chasing sales on the newest console. This is also about them doing slow/late adopters a solid and giving them something new to play while they either keep trying to get a PS5, or wait out whatever arbitrary timeline they've set to be ready to buy.

But the real deal here is that as far as I remember, nobody ever said this was a PS5 title. People just assumed it was, and ran with it.
do you or I work for Sony?
Idgaf about all that the gameplay is what I care about
they promised all these advances in gameplay, but we won't see it because of cross gen or only see a glimpse on the ps5 versions if they work on the ps5 then port to the ps4
pretty graphics w/ gameplay ideas/mechanics, etc. always having the ps4 in mind instead of the devs being free to create the craziest and most ambitious set pieces, mechanics, sequences, etc. they want

Daps
Yeah well Sony is a business not a charity. There over 100m PS4’s out there compared to about 15m PS5s by the time God of war is released. Makes financial sense to release it on both consoles, especially if the graphics won’t take a hit.
I'm not a stan so this stan gibberish means nothing to me
Spinning everything can't have a discussion :snoop:
This gen isn't only about graphics
I am not excited about only graphics but what the next level of game design, set pieces, ideas, will look like w/ the new technology

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a stan so this stan gibberish means nothing to me
Spinning everything can't have a discussion :snoop:
This gen isn't only about graphics
I am not excited about only graphics but what the next level of game design, set pieces, ideas, will look like w/ the new technology
Stan gibberish? Lmao keep crying