God of War Ragnarok is basically The Last of Us with axes?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Watched it.

Basically a lot of talk to say movie game shyt ain’t that great.

And really, any game in 2023 without a jump button is :camby: status to me.

First thing i do in any game is see what i can jump on, over, though, or off.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Watched it.

Basically a lot of talk to say movie game shyt ain’t that great.

And really, any game in 2023 without a jump button is :camby: status to me.

First thing i do in any game is see what i can jump on, over, though, or off.

There’s a contextual jump button used for platforming and vaulting over stuff, it’s not like you’re glued to the ground :mjlol:

It’s a masterpiece level game breh, you’re missing out if you don’t play it, even on the PS4:ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There’s a contextual jump button used for platforming and vaulting over stuff, it’s not like you’re glued to the ground :mjlol:

It’s a masterpiece level game breh, you’re missing out if you don’t play it, even on the PS4:ufdup:
I have the game.

Gameplay wise it’s just ok. Production/graphics stuff is really good tho.

“contextual” actions in a game are always cheap to me. Cause it’s alll dictated to me. Might as well be a cutscene.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How far did you get into it? First couple hours the combat felt kinda basic/barebones but it opens up a lot

He ain’t just swinging that axe either :banderas:
Played through and/or watched the whole the whole thing with my son. He had me jump in to help later in the game when he needed me, but i never felt the combat was that great or challenging.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Horrible ass take. I played every single GOW including the PSP ones as well as both Last of Us and i'm CURRENTLY playing through both a NG+ run of Ragnarok and my first run-through of the last of us pt 1 remake on PC.

The gameplay of Ragnarok is the best gameplay of the entire series and feels nothing like the gameplay of Last of Us.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The sales numbers alone tells you people liked these games best out of the whole series.
nobody trying to play mario with axes anymore
Golden Axe already did that better than the og god of war games anyway. these games >>>>>

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
its weird to me that people even like the platforming of the trilogy, found that to be the most annoying parts, especially with the fixed camera angles

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
More film like eh? :mjpls:

Movie games strike again, :mjlol:anyway.

Gaming is the only medium that I've seen gamers tell the creator of a series why they are wrong :mjlol: I think the change up from 3 to 2018 was spot on and perfect... 2018 is a 10/10. The game being more film like makes sense since it was more personal and about kratos and his son. I don't have a problem with the series going in this direction for what they were trying to do. :manny:

Ragnarok was just serviceable to me, I have zero desire to ever load up, play or watch any part of that game. Not because it's bad, it just is kinda boring and it's not really all that much fun and I hate how they changed up not only the character but the overall feel of the series as a brutal action game. The story was meh and ended meh.

The fact that FF16 a RPG looks like it's going to be a better action game that GOW is NUTS. What timeline is it when rpgs are more action oriented than action games.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
There’s a contextual jump button used for platforming and vaulting over stuff, it’s not like you’re glued to the ground

It’s way better than Spider-Man miles morales. Square button simulator :blessed:
The story was meh and ended meh.
The Heimdall arc probably the best part of the game :francis:, but the game certainly drug you along.The combat was fun though!!

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s way better than Spider-Man miles morales. Square button simulator :blessed:

The Heimdall arc probably the best part of the game :francis:, but the game certainly drug you along.The combat was fun though!!
Heimdall was by far the best thing about gow rag overall imo. I was so hype for that battle to happen and how there where gonna pull it off, sadly while cool man the battle was a let down in the end.

The combat was good though, wish they would have went a bit more crazy with powers, weapons and abilities but it fun. Especially those open world areas