God of War coming to PC Jan 14 2022, 20m copies sold

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
They forget that people actually buy PlayStation games

Like most games, they sell most when they are discounted. I take all of this to say that Sony doesn't consider the install base alone for consoles to be enough any longer.

I need Nintendo to get on that wave too.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Like most games, they sell most when they are discounted. I take all of this to say that Sony doesn't consider the install base alone for consoles to be enough any longer.

I don't believe it's a matter of them thinking it's not enough, but moreso like, why not get that extra money after sales slow down years later. Easy way to extend its legs.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
The Way of the Patient Gamer endures.

6sqzPvi.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I don't believe it's a matter of them thinking it's not enough, but moreso like, why not get that extra money after sales slow down years later. Easy way to extend its legs.

This ^^^^

The game is practically free right now for PS4 and PS5 players. It’s been on the PS plus collection since last year and its been on PSNow for 3 months already. The actual physical game is like 10 dollars, and its regularly on sale for about that much also, digitally. Almost anyone whos ever wanted to play it has had access to it by now.

Now, after all those sales have been exhausted, its being ported for 50 dollars again. It’s a easy win to clean up on the rest of the sale potential before Ragnarok drops, good promotion for it also

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
God of war sells 20m copies on one console in only three years. The supposedly bigger franchise Elder Scrolls 5 has sold 35m copies on several consoles in 10yrs :sas2:

I think the bigger story is Capcom just celebrated Monster Hunter World selling 20 million copies, its BIGGEST selling game ever. This is bigger than street figher 2, mega man, every resident evil etc etc.

God of War came out at the same time and sold just as much on ONE platform. Monster Hunter is on xbox, pc, and PlayStation. Sony’s biggest IP’s are selling more copies than major AAA multiplatform titles.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m so proud to see God of War become such a mega franchise. I bought the first game on ps2 day one when a lot of people still hadn’t heard about it. I was hooked after I beat the first boss on the ship and I knew this game was going to be special.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m so proud to see God of War become such a mega franchise. I bought the first game on ps2 day one when a lot of people still hadn’t heard about it. I was hooked after I beat the first boss on the ship and I knew this game was going to be special.

Yeah i bought and beat GOW on ps2, day one, I’m not even sure why but i remember it being a huge game changer. I think it was the executions/finishers in a action style game that sold me on it. It was the first game that brought that cinematic flair to combat and cutscenes. I never played 2 and 3 because i just eventually stopped gaming for a while.

It’s crazy to see it at this level