God Forgives, Jets Fans Don't: The Official 2012 New York Jets Season Thread

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's amazing how good Knicks basketball makes me lose interest in shytty Jets football. At least they beat one of the worst teams in the NFL....

2mbml5.gif

:wow: breh me too. I was hype to watch the Knicks game today and was like the jets can wait till I finish this Knicks game to get my attention.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I actually wanted us to loose today, i think we are hurting ourselves for the draft, plus I want at least TannenBum gone at the end of the season, so lets go jets stop winning!!!!

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
revis the gawd's talk inspired cro's play:

LORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Thousands of feet in the sky, Antonio Cromartie's career changed.

As the cornerback talked with fellow corner Darrelle Revis on the team's flight home from Pittsburgh following a 27-10 loss on Sept. 16, Revis told Cromartie there was untapped potential in his game. The NFL's best corner wanted to see Cromartie take his play to that of upper echelon corners.

"We expect so much out of each other and he just came to me and told me what he expected from me," Cromartie said. "I made sure I lived up to what his expectation was on the football field."

As Cromartie has established himself as one of the best corners in the league this season, he credits his talk with Revis as the turning point in his play. It's been crucial to the Jets that Cromartie has played well this year, since Revis tore an ACL just a week after their talk and wass lost for the season.

"It took for him to come to me as a peer to make me understand we can have one of the greatest one-two punches at the corners with me playing at this level," Cromartie said. "Honestly, I thank Revis for coming and talking to me and for being a great teammate and making sure I'm playing at a high level."

Entering his seventh season this year, Cromartie wanted to play better than he did last year, his second as a Jet. He hoped to play at a level his coaches and teammates expected from him, improving his focus and not thinking about the game too much. Cromartie said he's talked with coach Rex Ryan about his play not meeting the expectations of the team.

While it wasn't until Revis' injury that Cromartie started showcasing that he could play corner with the best of them, Cromartie said it shouldn't have taken Revis' absence for him to play like this. After Revis' injury, Cromartie realized he had to be a leader in the secondary, as the youngsters would be looking to him to set an example. More than once he's talked about making sure he's a guiding force in the secondary.

"That's something I took for granted, having Revis on the other side, and not being able to play at that high level when he was here," Cromartie said. "I think the biggest thing for me is to continue to build on it, week after week, and make sure that I continue to be this guy even when Revis comes back next year for the start of training camp."

When the Jets originally acquired Cromartie, they envisioned having a pair of shutdown corners on the outside. Revis has always lived up to his part, but Cromartie's play had been up and down. Now, as Cromartie plays like a Pro Bowler, the Jets can start picturing a dynamic pair next season.

"Both of us playing at a very high level, it makes things easier on the defensive coaches to call the plays and we can get after the quarterback," Cromartie said.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Araña;2240067 said:
I actually wanted us to loose today, i think we are hurting ourselves for the draft, plus I want at least TannenBum gone at the end of the season, so lets go jets stop winning!!!!
Drafts positions don't matter when you don't know how to scout players.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Fireman Ed GONE!!!!!!

At least this season didn't turn out to be a complete waste!
On Thanksgiving night, I left the Jets game before halftime. This was the second time in a row I left before there were four zeroes on the clock. We have had much worse teams than this and I never left before. I pride myself in that, because I am not a quitter.

I decided to leave Thursday because the confrontations with other Jets fans have become more common, even though most Jets fans are fantastic.

This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another. The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy as well. The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

Although I can “hold my own,” I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake. I have a responsibility to the families and kids that enjoy the game and Fireman Ed.

I have enjoyed my time in chanting the greatest chant in all of sports. I have enjoyed meeting all the wonderful Jets fans around the world and look forward to the day we all can raise the Lombardi Trophy as one and celebrate a world championship down the Canyon of Heroes!

I will always love the Jets because they are in my heart, and I will attend games as usual, just not as Fireman Ed. God bless and, as always, let’s go Jets!

–Fireman Ed Anzalone was a New York City firefighter for two decades and has been a Jets fan since 1975.

#gfjfd

God Forgives, Jets Fans Don't :leostare:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
ed's became an attention whore....but it kind of sucks the chant is done.

I've lived through the Walton/Coslet/Kotite eras and this is easily rock bottom.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
ed's became an attention whore....but it kind of sucks the chant is done.

I've lived through the Walton/Coslet/Kotite eras and this is easily rock bottom.
It wont be the same without the Jets chant.

And the I became a Jets fan as a kid during the Kotite era. I don't think any other stint beats that. It was that bad.