God Forgives, Jets Fans Don't: The Official 2012 New York Jets Season Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
When has Revis ever coasted?

When has Coples look he's not showing effort on the field?

You're going to answer that?

Base you're thing on facts, not your friends in the media's talking points.

Last season Reb. And if you wanna say "oh well UNC was going through a bunch of shyt and it wore on everyone and he got bad advice, etc." like others have said, fine. If the Jets go through a bunch of shyt (which is possible), how is he going to hold up? All we know is that when he's on, he's amazing. Like I said before, I don't doubt his talent. The only way he can prove he can show that over the course of a season, is by doing it over the course of a season. I hope he does. I'm not assuming he won't.

As for Revis, when he held out, it took him a while to get back into game shape. Now I don't think he'll quit on the team, but even he's skeptical of the offense.

But when asked by Newsday on Wednesday if the Jets have done enough to ensure that Sanchez can be successful, the All-Pro cornerback said: "You've got to do what's best for the team, and I don't know if we've been wise in that department."

The Jets' D knows they're gonna be the shyt. They're holding their breath on the offense and I can understand that.

And Reb I don't bank on talking points. Nobody in the press has harped on how much of a bum Shonn Greene is. We have. Nobody in the press called out D'Brick on his shytty ass season. I did. Nobody in the press is worried about what Dustin Keller can do. I think he has yet to make that big step that he needs to make. Nobody's gone off on how wack special teams was. Some of y'all did. Who in the press specifically put the Fez/Tebow saga aside to hammer these points home?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Last season Reb. And if you wanna say

I speak for myself.

fukk last season. I've seen 100% effort from him as a JET.

What have you seen of him as a JET?

You haven't. You probably never actually watched a game with him at UNC. :heh:

Stop it.

And the Revis thing...exactly...you haven't seen him coast. Him coming into came late and getting into football shape no different than Mike Wallace is now and MJD will when he gets back has nothing to do with your point of "fukk it I haven't gotten my extension and this offense is trash. I'm gonna get back on my holdout diet."

That's just stupid and full of media contrived jibba jabba.

All of that other stuff with the Jets, I'm not even addressing. But tying bs to names with things you've never seen is wack and annoying.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I speak for myself.

fukk last season. I've seen 100% effort from him as a JET.

What have you seen of him as a JET?

Preseason games that I have been impressed by, but not weighing much on going forward. He can only prove this during the season. He has every chance to.

You haven't. You probably never actually watched a game with him at UNC. :heh:

Stop it.

I only watched a little bit of UNC during Coples' junior year (not much at all last season unless it was on at my gym and I wasn't paying much attention anyway). I can only go by the rep he has and the rep was that he was talented but took plays off (I'm generally not a fan of anyone who does this in any sport, so I'm not even specifically nitpicking Coples for this).

This is what YOU said about Coples though as a player.

ProjectCOVO.com Global Forum - View Single Post - Pilot Talk II: The Same Ol' Jets 2012 Offseason Thread (Crash and Burn Edition)
Coples looks like a stiff who doesn't know how to drop his shoulders and get small when trying to get around Tackles.

I simply don't see him being an effective pass rusher in the next level....and I WANT to be wrong..

So either you didn't watch much of Coples either (because I wasn't even worried about his talent, you were) or I can only take what you said with a grain of salt.

We BOTH want to be wrong, but just about different aspects of him. If it only took you a preseason to be convinced otherwise, cool. I wanna see more because what concerns me is something that can proven more over a longer period of time. Coples in the grand scheme of things though isn't even my big worry. My worry is that the offense is going to be so poor that it wears on the Jets' D, just like it did in Denver, at home vs. New England, and at Miami last season. That was my point.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Preseason games that I have been impressed by, but not weighing much on going forward. He can only prove this during the season. He has every chance to.

I only watched a little bit of UNC during Coples' junior year (not much at all last season unless it was on at my gym and I wasn't paying much attention anyway). I can only go by the rep he has and the rep was that he was talented but took plays off (I'm generally not a fan of anyone who does this in any sport, so I'm not even specifically nitpicking Coples for this).

This is what YOU said about Coples though as a player.

ProjectCOVO.com Global Forum - View Single Post - Pilot Talk II: The Same Ol' Jets 2012 Offseason Thread (Crash and Burn Edition)

So either you didn't watch much of Coples either (because I wasn't even worried about his talent, you were) or I can only take what you said with a grain of salt.

We BOTH want to be wrong, but just about different aspects of him. If it only took you a preseason to be convinced otherwise, cool. I wanna see more because what concerns me is something that can proven more over a longer period of time. Coples in the grand scheme of things though isn't even my big worry. My worry is that the offense is going to be so poor that it wears on the Jets' D, just like it did in Denver, at home vs. New England, and at Miami last season. That was my point.

Yup....and now I'm admittedly wrong and have been. He looked stiff and slow....and AFTER I spoke to some UNC heads (Dr. Rick who went to UNC and Mike Felder) who told me he was playing out of place his senior year, it gave me hope which we're now seeing. So what's the point when I said nothing about being "lazy" or none of the stuff that followed him from UNC? I haven't seen it as a Jet.

As far as the Revis thing, that made no sense.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Im not going to let tremont be my despair...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nc3m5CgX8Y&list=PL25B28C20FE0ADFF6&feature=plcp"]Adalberto Santiago-Tu me desesperas - YouTube[/ame]

:stylin:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nc3m5CgX8Y&list=PL25B28C20FE0ADFF6&feature=plcp"][/ame]

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yup....and now I'm admittedly wrong and have been. He looked stiff and slow....and AFTER I spoke to some UNC heads (Dr. Rick who went to UNC and Mike Felder) who told me he was playing out of place his senior year, it gave me hope which we're now seeing. So what's the point when I said nothing about being "lazy" or none of the stuff that followed him from UNC? I haven't seen it as a Jet.

As far as the Revis thing, that made no sense.

The point is that you had your concerns about Coples just like I did. You just seem convinced that you were wrong about that and prejudged him on that. I'm not at that point yet with him (or anyone else on the team I have concerns about.) I hope to get there.

As far as Revis, I just used him as an example. They go hard, but they were frustrated as all hell last season when they were losing games because the offense couldn't do shyt and on top of that, their defense was questioned because they'd give up long ass late game drives because they were spent. What I don't wanna see is that midway through the season, the Jets' D feels like it's the same old shyt with the offense and have that reflect on how they play as a unit soon thereafter.

NYC Rebel

Daps
The point is that you had your concerns about Coples just like I did. You just seem convinced that you were wrong about that and prejudged him on that. I'm not at that point yet with him (or anyone else on the team I have concerns about.) I hope to get there.

As far as Revis, I just used him as an example. They go hard, but they were frustrated as all hell last season when they were losing games because the offense couldn't do shyt and on top of that, their defense was questioned because they'd give up long ass late game drives because they were spent. What I don't wanna see is that midway through the season, the Jets' D feels like it's the same old shyt with the offense and have that reflect on how they play as a unit soon thereafter.

I prejudged him on his ability to get to qbs and move people off of him. That's different than being stuck on him not giving 100% when he's given nothing but that.

Daps
Reb you should know guys who dog it, dog it when the chips are down most. Why would Coples be dogging it in pre-season?

If the Jets go 1-5 to start, I think that's when you have to worry.

It's just like how Santonio was good when yall were in the Championship games, once shyt goes bad the true Santonio arrives

But I must say, right now the guy looks to be all-pro level talent

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets released the names of 15 cuts Friday before practice. There were no surprises, as all of the names were previously reported.

The roster is down to 60, which means seven more have to go by 9 p.m.

One draft pick was waived -- OT Robert Griffin, a sixth-round choice from Baylor. If the Redskins claim him, he can reunite with his former college teammate, the other Robert Griffin (wink, wink).

The rest of the cuts: WR Joseph Collins, LB Marcus Dowtin, G Fred Koloto, G Matt Kroul, P Spencer Lanning, CB LeQuan Lewis, TE Tarren Lloyd, S D'Anton Lynn, CB Julian Posey, DE Jay Richardson, WR Eron Riley, LB Brett Roy, QB Matt Simms and NT Martin Tevaseu.

Barring any surprises, the final seven cuts are likely to be WR Royce Pollard (injured), CB Donnie Fletcher, LB Ricky Sapp (injured), OT Paul Cornick, DT Damon Harrison, OT Dennis Landolt (injured) and TE Hayden Smith.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
yo who has that jets fan with plane on his head gif ? I need that shyt would appreciate it if someone linked it here for me. props in advance.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
damn rex in his first year had too much swag, we need that rex, fukk what anyone says.

afc championship "here come the jets" was classic

Last edited by a moderator: