God Forgives, Jets Fans Don't: The Official 2012 New York Jets Season Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
FRom Grantland's trade value article

6. Darrelle Revis
Sure, he was a step away from holding out for the second time in three years, but what else can you ask of the league's best defender? Schematically, he turns a defense of over-the-hill veterans, journeymen, and inexperienced youngsters into a surprisingly dominant unit, thanks to Revis's ability to cover half the field. Unlike Asomugha, Revis's predecessor as the best cornerback in football, Revis is comfortable playing both inside and outside. And if you don't believe that the Jets get results, consider that they had the best defense in the league against no. 1 receivers last year, per Football Outsiders. Oh, and he just turned 27. This isn't just a Hall of Famer in the prime of his career. There's a distinct possibility that we're witnessing the best cornerback in the history of football at his athletic peak.21

:lawd:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'm SOOOOOO excited about the Jets defense this year. Outside of our linebackers being suspect in pass coverage, I don't see any other flaws now.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I'm SOOOOOO excited about the Jets defense this year. Outside of our linebackers being suspect in pass coverage, I don't see any other flaws now.

I dont know why I was down on Coples. maybe it's because it looks like he's stoned all the time, but he's going to be good.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ain't gonna lie, your defense looks beastly this year. If Landry stays healthy all year and Coples brings that heat in the regular season, you guys might reach .500 :krs:

That offense...:heh:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
If they actually used Bellore at LB I wouldn't have an issue with the LB's. He's a good ball hawk. Instead they wanna use him at FB at times and keep him on special teams.

Coples was excellent in preseason. I just hope the defense doesn't get fed up and not try as hard when the Jets' O proves it's bottom 5 in the L. I can already tell Revis by Week 7 will be like "fukk it I haven't gotten my extension and this offense is trash. I'm gonna get back on my holdout diet."

God forgives.

NYC Rebel

Daps
If they actually used Bellore at LB I wouldn't have an issue with the LB's. He's a good ball hawk. Instead they wanna use him at FB at times and keep him on special teams.

Coples was excellent in preseason. I just hope the defense doesn't get fed up and not try as hard when the Jets' O proves it's bottom 5 in the L. I can already tell Revis by Week 7 will be like "fukk it I haven't gotten my extension and this offense is trash. I'm gonna get back on my holdout diet."

God forgives.

Your "I can tell" negativity is annoying as hell.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

He'd only be screwing himself over by doing that.

Daps
Do you notice yet how you guys need me?

Rex gotta be the fukking most buffoonish coach in the league. Harbaugh is gonna coach circles around
fatb.jpg

I see it took McElroy to score a TD, start him week 1, it`ll end better for you guys

NYC Rebel

Daps
I'm glad all of the Aaron Maybin talk has quieted down.

Like I said before....all he got was coverage sacks. He's not very good.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
exactly.

First it's Coples not giving his all and now this.

That's extremely annoying.

They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt from me. None. If they wanna shut me up and prove me wrong, they can feel free to, but I'm gonna be skeptical as hell about this team and I have every reason to be such. shyt, I love the defense too, but the offense is putrid! That's gonna wear on our defense. The incompetence of our offense is worse than the potential greatness of our defense. If the D outweighed the shortcomings our offense brings, maybe I'd drink the kool-aid too, but the offense is way too flawed from top to bottom, and this is really ignoring preseason for the most part. I can't put weight on that, good or bad.

NYC Rebel

Daps
They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt from me. None. If they wanna shut me up and prove me wrong, they can feel free to, but I'm gonna be skeptical as hell about this team and I have every reason to be such. shyt, I love the defense too, but the offense is putrid! That's gonna wear on our defense. The incompetence of our offense is worse than the potential greatness of our defense. If the D outweighed the shortcomings our offense brings, maybe I'd drink the kool-aid too, but the offense is way too flawed from top to bottom, and this is really ignoring preseason for the most part. I can't put weight on that, good or bad.

When has Revis ever coasted?

When has Coples look he's not showing effort on the field?

You're going to answer that?

Base you're thing on facts, not your friends in the media's talking points.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I agree with Tre here.

I think the Jets have a shot to field a top 2 defense this year though. But it's just gonna go to waste.

Who CARES what you think?

:heh:

I don't know why you think what you as a 49ers fan says is important.