Go all digital, they said...

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm on the gig plan, despite getting 400 down at best :beli:

They better not pull that shyt or I'm raising hell. Unfortunately, Baltimore City let Comcast bribe/sign them into a monopoly. No FIOS:scust:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
CenturyLink gig internet with no caps over here:blessed:

I actually pay less for it than when I had Crapcast:blessed:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cox did this almost out the gate.

Basically as soon as fiber was available they put a cap on 1tb before charging you for going over.

Kinda crazy how cable companies are going in the opposite direction of mobile companies.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also the only reason to get disc nowadays are

1) collecting
2)resale
3) Let others borrow

If you don't do any of those things then getting disc is pretty pointless. A disc now is pretty much just a physical license key.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
As someone who worked with Comcast for over 5 years. They are right. More then 70% of Comcast customers don't come ANYWHERE near that threshold. And again this is a MONTHLY cap. It refresh every month. There's not enough games that even release in a month for you to go over 1.2TERRABYTES of data. Let alone you actually buying enough games to download that amount of data.

But don't get it twisted. It's fukk comcast all day every day as a current Fios customer :blessed:

Last edited:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
unlimited data with ATT Fiber though :wow:

(for now.....)

Backhaul goes to the same place. They can offer no caps to everyone else but they don't. I hate ISPs. Mobile networks are the same, but they have a harder time expanding in comparison.

I remember growing up and ATT was scamming low income residents on DSL. 128-384kbps and just switching everyone to interleaved because they didn't wanna place the grey cabinet to supply the area with decent performance.

Anyways, I'm sure they'll cap eventually. They still don't let you use other equipment either. I go third party whenever I can. They're all a$$holes though.